Tes V

dasocksjunk

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for missing the meeting thing. I was asleep.

Anyway, WHY did you post on the Escapist? They're ripping us apart! I had to register and post in that topic to set things straight!

What is this supposed to be? A new TES game? Or "just" a big mod? If it is the latter, it needs a story first. I think it should start out as a big Mod and maybe it will increase in Volume, with more and more People adding their Stuff so that it eventually Surpasses Oblivion.

If a Modification is to be a "Skeleton" for other things to be build on top of it, it will need a "canon", so that People will get some Idea what can and what can not be done. I'd be pretty pissed if i work on something only to find out that it wont fit.

Before anyone starts modelling anything, discuss what you People want from this big mod or game. Because as of right now i don't even know wether to call it "mod" or "Game"...

As a Basis, you'll obviously use Oblivion. Well, what did you like about it? Which parts could have been better? Make it so. ;D

How can i contribute without being an actual Part of the "team"? People will be willing to do some Legwork which will take Loads off the workload of the teammembers, but they don't want to take Responsibility. I am one of those People. I'll make up some Sidequests, build a town or something but i don't want anyone to "pressure" me. I like modding because this is some kind of work with no pressure at all. I can take as much time as i want to. If that changes because someone wants me to have this and that town ready by then, i'd rather clean up my house or something.

I want to be able to make some contribution and give it to you guys so you can cramp it in your "supermod" somewhere.

Right in the middle of the Process, i'd mail you my little town, you say "thank you" and integrate that town somewhere. Maybe you use it for something, maybe it will be like "Blankenmarch". Who knows.

Okay, I'm sorry. I'm still lost on the time zone thing. What is UTC? Is it the same thing as Greenwich Mean Time? I live in California, Pacific Time. The Newblivion Board's time is the same as my clock on my computer because I set to be PST, Pacific Standard Time.

Please tell me, dasocksjunk, what time it is for you, when it is midnight for me. Thanks.

I vote for any evening time slot as it is for Pacific Time.

Again, sorry for being dense. I have a lot on my mind right now with work and when I look at this board, it's usually right before or after bed, or a break from stressful work.

And Madman, think of this as The Elder Scrolls 4.5. We want to make what we think TES V should be, since Bethesda isn't releasing anything about the real game. Frankly, I'm more excited about this than the real game.

Right now, we are in the story planning stage. It's somewhere between a "Game" and a "mod".

Ok i don't think this time zone will work it's obviously too complicated to set up. And UTC is universal time.

Madman: yeah, that's how it will be done except it'll be a new world space. We have no where near enough people to help with landscaping so this mod has barely started. Visit this link to have a look and what we've done. This is actualy one of my old mods that i've changed to fit this mod.

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=28373

I'm trying to get people who are good with landscape to work on allocated cells and several more people who gloss over those cells, though right now there are less than five people who can work on landscape who have put there names up to help. And they are quite difficult to get a hold of.

• 2 months later...

We dont know if they will make tes 5....They will maybe make some other games...

they have a lot of them...They will not just said: " Oh look everyone is looking for tes 5 lets make it...So as the fallout 3...Some guys are talking about fallout 3 like this...when will fallout 3 be released....And similar...If bethesda just started working they would have a trailer for god sake!