Voice files

Honeybiscuit

If .wav files are unassociated, usually windows will ask you what you want to open it with. Does this happen? Just select what program you want to open it with. Windows Media Player is usually the default, but you could choose Audacity if or some other program if you want. What actually happens when you try to open the temp.wav file? Or are you having problems opening the folder?

When doing dialogue the Geck construct the temp.wav folder that I am unable to open

Perhaps a little more precise description of the steps and how they are not working would help me help you. Perhaps the proper folder structure isn't there? Let me know.

I got it i think. My attempt is to import songs into a basic radiostation that Im making from doing the tutorial from Crowbennets Radiostations. and spoken dialogue. I got a new problem now. I got into data\sound\voicefile. When you create a talkingactivator (Radiostaion) you put in however many greeting you wish, followed by the songs introlinked to the song itself. To import the specific song that I choose like Alice in chains. When you have put things where they need to be ( alot of details I cant cover) then you take the converted waves that are mono 44100,16 bit sample type into the plugin(yourmod.esp) press record and THEN them magic happens you get the Temp.wav that suppose to place individual song accordingly. I am stuck there. Cause when I imported Premier song Malitia it did good then Alice In chains-Grind ( trust me I know all about Copyright laws) Its permissable aslong as it stay on my computer so anyway. Im stuck there. If I keep imprting all 18 different songs into 1 temp.wav they all aint in there. the latter is erased by the next and so on and soforth. and thats my delima. :confused:

I am familiar with the technique as I do this myself for voice dialogue with NPCs. The key difference is that when you create the temp.wav file with dialogue, you get a different file name each time, not the same temp.wav file. Then you are supposed to overwrite the one the GECK makes with your own (vioce or song) file. Basically renaming your file to the GECK file. Perhaps you need to do the "magic" part - creating the temp file on a different dialogue topic. That should create a different temp file. It sounds like you are copying all your songs to the same file - and that can't be right. Each song has to be a different GECK file.

Check out the GNR radio quest and see how each song is a different file attached to a different topic.

I hate this Radio station bit. I am hooked on it like crack. I can not solve it and I cant run from it. I spend all my time tryin to get it. ( Duh I ride the short bus and I like to like the glass). Im sure its all so simple and Im making it to complicated. Dude how long can a person not get it? What me I shall shoe you,lol. I have gotting a song in their, but it the next one that I have trouble with. It seems to over write the previous one. It had its own name configed by the geck and that was it. It doesnt create anymore names for the next song. and when I even went into the file that stores the songs I renamed them specifically and it seemed to work but when I went to preview the results by clicking on the name asigned to the song, NOTHING! ARGGGGGG :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :unsure: :confused: :whistling: :wallbash:

Did you create a second "Info" under the first? Look at quest MS17Radio. Go to the radio tab. Highlight the "MS17RadioViolinMusic" topic. Then look in the "Info" section. All the infos are blank, but they each have the "RG !" flags set. You need to make a new info for each song. G o back to tour radio quest. Once you make a new info, double click on it and add a space (hit spacebar) into the "Response Text" area, then hit OK at the bottom. Then reopen that info and you should see a new file name. Now hit the record button and then hit the "Done" button while the recording is taking place. Once you have done this. The GECK has made the file you need to overwrite. So continue like before. This should get you on your way.

You are a nightmare...

Un-install your GECK, Un-install your Wave editor.

Back away from the computer, put the mouse down sir!

You're not allowed to drink coffee anymore, nor are you allowed to change file "open with" associations.

There's no way I would stick it out, I would have downloaded one of about 25 or so different radio station mods

an just dumpped my crappy stolen songs in there.

:thumbsup:

You are a nightmare...

Un-install your GECK, Un-install your Wave editor.

Back away from the computer, put the mouse down sir!

You're not allowed to drink coffee anymore, nor are you allowed to change file "open with" associations.

There's no way I would stick it out, I would have downloaded one of about 25 or so different radio station mods

an just dumpped my crappy stolen songs in there.

LOL. Thats funny as all get out. Believe it or not I finally got it. Im just stuck on where Crow talks about him messing up on the Topics to use to link the intros of the songs. I finally have my Radiostation on my pip-boy , but no sounds. I got all my song in the right place but he doesnt explain on the linkin so I have to do trial and error so. Maybe your right about steppin away from the computer,lol. I am dedicated so. Cant say I aint. It will be done and you guys will hear some original Hiphop and Techno straight of FL9 (Fruityloops check it out if your a musician).

Yay someone finally get's my sorry attempts at humor.

Geez do you have to quote me

Don't you think it's kind of ghay

You make me feel so dirty throwing what I typed up in my face.

like here

see what you wrote you M******

F*****!

lulz

I don't know about radio, but it seems you could just duplicate all the stuff that runs the radio

in GECK an save it in another mod, then change all that stuff so that it does what you want.

Idk, I know it's a big project, so just worry about one thing at a time...

Yay someone finally get's my sorry attempts at humor.

Geez do you have to quote me

Don't you think it's kind of ghay

You make me feel so dirty throwing what I typed up in my face.

like here

see what you wrote you M******

F*****!

lulz

I don't know about radio, but it seems you could just duplicate all the stuff that runs the radio

in GECK an save it in another mod, then change all that stuff so that it does what you want.

Idk, I know it's a big project, so just worry about one thing at a time...

But those symbols of greatnes just connect with reason,lol. Naw if it was that simple id done done it. I think its their way of say WORK BOY.