modding a mod

dissentuk

does anybody know how to mod a mod. there are some things i want to add into a file i found. a brief run through of the process would be very helpful. thanks!

Just set mod as active in the geck. What would you like to add Items/weapons or something else?

bassically. i downloaded a wasteland bank mod where you can access you caps over the wasteland. as an addition i added another mod that adds in a full size bank. my idea was to insert a bunch of merchant boxes for a whole load of npc's in the big bank so that a whole host of npc's could run up to you when you enter their town and ask if you have anything for sale they might need. i was hoping to insert some kind of radius that is bassically 1/2 size of megaton so when you get withing that size proximity they start to run over.

what i really need to do:

add merchant boxes.(undecided on the ammount)

add in some scrip that will make selected npc's run over when you go near them with correct diologue

should i select fallout 3 and the mod i wish to edit as the active files and save as or is there a different process?

you must activate both f3esm and w.b. esp after that click on "set as active" for w.b.

ehh...that idea with scripted npc's will be hard to do :biggrin:

Good luck with that!

i bet it will be. can anyone give me some hints as how i might best achieve this

Use force greet dialogue AI packages. You can set the trigger distance and make them walk or run to you and start a conversation.

Check out Lucas Simms' force greet protocol. If you remember, he comes to greet you at the gate when you first enter Megaton. There are other examples in vanilla FO3 also. You should be able to adapt one of them to your needs with a little experimentation.