The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

"A little fresh air and moonlight would be wonderful. I have been thinking of an excuse, in case we are caught in the Palace - I wonder if we shouldn't just tell them the truth, that we are looking for a water breathing spell or potion, and heard that this was the most likely place to find it?" T'skar suggests. She then journeys with the rest to the rooftop to begin their crossing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC> My cousins leave on Monday. In the meantime I am showing them London so a bit tied up.

On topic

The night is fine and the moonlight illuminates the vast expanses of rooftops. Only you are there. To get to the palace requires a small leap. Looking down would not be a good move. Once on the palace roof you can see that there are trap doors at each of the six apices of the double triangle. From the angle you are at it is impossible to say whether you are over the 'original' dwelling or the later addition if that matters. You are closest to the one beside Tiu's residence of course. You can guess where the palace entry is and believe it is three trap doors across. (In other words not in the same part of the building as the one you are beside at present.) You do not recall if it is in the older or the newer part. Numbering clockwise; if you are at 1, then 1, 3 and 5 will be one building and 2, 4 and 6 the other, with the main entrance near 4. If you check any entry you will find it is not locked.

Which entry do you choose?

OOC> Think of a six pointed star. One (equilateral) triangle has the apex at the top and one at the bottom. Should be easy enough to draw. It doesn't matter which you choose to call one as it is totally symmetrical about any axis. For the sake of argument let's say one is the southernmost point. In which case 4 is the northernmost.

[ooc sorrey for not poting this long, kinda slipped my mind. I've read up the last two pages I'll read the rest later]

Mandrake sits in his room quickly checking everything. charcoal, ink pens paper.

Mandrake: hmm maybe if I...

He walks to his bed and bends down the he takes some of the small planks underneath it. then he finds some rope and binds them together to make a small portable table. Mandrake packs everything and goes out after the others.

"ah Mandrake" Tiax says (OOC -> Cant really say calls out right?) when Mandrake caught up with the others "Your late. We are trying to decide which entry we should take."

"Ah Tiax, Mandrake, so glad you could make it!" Whispers Kalmer as the two scuffle over to where T'Skar is beginning to look impatient as Kalmer tries to decipher the six-pointed star layout of the Palace roofs. Numbers never were his thirté. "Try not to make too much noise. Now, if I can... just... open... this...." He very gently prises open trapdoor number 1, and peers inside......

The trapdoor opens easily. A ladder leads down to a corridor lit by torches. There is a considerable amount of noise and the sounds of people moving about. Doors are opening and closing. If you listen carefully you can work out these are some kind of night staff carrying out their duties. The voices are cheerful but very numerous.

Kalmer closes the trapdoor very carefully, and leaps silently over to number 5, to see what differences there are between the areas in terms of noise, number of people, decor, smell... anything that could give them some indication as to which building they should enter.....

He asks T'Skar to check number 6 in the meantime.

Archived