The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

(ooc >Hope no-one minds, but we still need people's abilities, even if they're not here atm.)

ic> Sael, being of the Dayone race, instantly realises if either of the boys are lying....

Meanwhile, Kalmer asks the one-eyed boy, in such a tone of voice that he does not come across as condescending, "But how much do you know, young man? I doubt not that you speak the truth, but do you know enough to aid and advise us during our stay?" He smiles reassuringly at the child, and awaits his response.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC> It's no biggie was just making sure thats not what you were talking about.

Aldhelm decides to question the well-dressed boy, "If you know everyone, who are we? Connections will be useful, but we need some backup to your claim before we decide to go with you."

Sael would be able to tell that the first two comments are 'sales pitches'. The third appears to be genuine.

The disfigured boy sighs, "Pick Mouse or Flash why don't you? I'm always the last to get work. How can I answer your question? I don't know what you want yet."

The well dressed boy, Flash, glares at Aldhelm. "I know the people here and you don't come from here."

Turning to Flash with an equally cold glare, " You just previously said that you knew EVERYONE. It seems you can not make up your mind and therefore can't get our business." Turning back to the disheartened boy, "As for you, truth teller, can you help us perhaps whether or not you can point us in the direction of Arminda Sagrami and hopefully access to the temple?"

Flash stalks away but is quickly taken on by other new arrivals.

The disfigured boy says, "My street name is Face. I can guide you around the city for 5 nipin a day. I will tell you where to find Arminda Sagrami for nothing as anyone in the place will tell you that. She spends all day every day when she is in Ippikander on the western beach. At seven she dines at the Palace and afterwards goes to the Pink Orchid night club. At about five in the morning she goes home until she returns to the beach at midday."

He glances knowingly at T'skar. "To get into the Temple through the front door you need a pass from Arminder Sagrami."

Clearly he knows something you don't.

"There is. But it is dangerous. When the Temple was built someone thought it necessary to have an escape route. It comes out in the middle of the beach. The old grating is locked but I have a key. I will lend it to you for another 5 nipin but I want it back. Be careful, I was attacked inside by something I couldn't see. It is how I got this." He touches the scar on his face. "But how can I help you now? Do you have lodgings? I can recommend the Laughing Camel. It is run by my family. The Colonnade is expensive but you get free passes to the museums thrown in. The Palace would be good for you if you want to meet Arminda Sagrami. If you can afford to stay there she'll surely be willing to talk to you. But it is 500 nipin a night. I wouldn't recommend the entertainment district unless you need an excuse to be up and about very late at night. The hotels there wouldn't notice. There are also a couple of places in the hovels, very useful if you need to disappear quickly."

He throws another glance at T'skar.

Turning to Kalmer, Aldhelm says, "So it seems we have the choice of pretending to be exorbitant fools and therefore impress Arminda Sagrami or risking unknown danger by gaining access to the temple through this beach grate. Or perhaps we can "run into" Arminda Sagrami and convince her that she might feel better with a few Restore Fatigue, I mean Age Reverse potions. "

"But before we worry too much about that, I think lodgings need to be arranged. I cannot pick between the Laughing Camel and the Colonnade and the Laughing Camel myself, both have benefits. But you said that these swords you seek were in the muesem? Perhaps the Colonnade would be best then. "

T'skar catches Face's glances, and signs to him in thieves cant 'Are we in danger, young one? Have you heard any news of us? Anything you could tell us would be helpful,' hoping she has read their new friend right.

The boy reassures her with the indication 'not yet' but I think you may be about to call unwanted attention on yourselves.

All he says is "My grandfather would be interested in talking to you, if you have a moment. He is of the Desai family. They are no friends of the Sagramis. And unless I read you wrongly, nor are you."

Archived