The Master Of Zooz

Malchik

The old man looks at Jonan.

"I saw you materialise outside in the street. That kind of magic is not found in this dimension. I believe you are from Tagfier. That was where I once lived. My name is Nikishastra."

He pauses then sits heavily. A girl runs in with a plate of sweetmeats for the old man. He offers one to Jonan as he continues.

"A strange collection of people is staying here. From all I understand it seems they were teleported in a similar way to you. Perhaps they are not your friends but I am sure you should talk to them. They may know something about what you are doing here. Oh and in case you don't know it, you are in the dimension of Bashkher in the city of Ippikander."

The old man claps his hands and asks the girl to bring in a map. This he shows to Jonan.

OOC> Can anyone post a link to the map?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC> I think I may have a print out that I could scan in but it might take me a while to find it. I am directing a play on Thursday night that is taking a lot of time/work but I will see what I can do. In the meantime perhaps the two of you who have not yet done so might introduce yourselves to Kyra.

"Good to know you, Lyto" Kyra replied. "And what might be your name?" Kyra looked at Tiax, then locked her eyes on Tiax's eyes, keeping her expressions as friendly as possible. "Of course we'll have to trust each other if we're going to travel together" Kyra added.

Nikishastra shrugs. "I don't know where they are, but I am sure they will be coming back here shortly. Have some food. I can tell you a bit about Bashkher or Ippikander if there is anything you wish to know."

OOC> Here is the map. I hope it is readable.

Nikishastra smiles.

"Well, unless you are as old as I am you probably wouldn't have done. Several thousand years ago Zorlon was one world. Then for reasons I won't bore you with, the wizards of El Rhun split it apart so that each country was moved into its own dimension with travel between all but impossible. Bashkher was already so very isolated few knew of it. Slowly over the years Tagfier neglected to put even its former neighbours on the maps, let alone Bashkher."

The old man takes a sweet.

"The Breaking it was called. Well, the spell of Breaking was so huge that all those who took part in creating it - and that was all the wizards of Tagfier - had to give up every particle of power to cast it. This was not a problem as power could be recouped by resting. Except that did not happen. Some power came back but only a fraction of what the wizards used to have. El Rhun today considers itself very powerful but it is not a patch on what it was. They live to be only two or three thousand years old, now. Before they lived tens of thousands. And I should know."

Another sweet is consumed. Noticing Jonan's look of longing as it disappears he calls the girl in to bring biscuits.

"Of course, before the Breaking there had been problems in El Rhun that caused many powerful wizards to leave the city and even the country. They banned women and then exiled the School of Life. You still find a few of us in unexpected places. I came to Bashkher with my wife long before the Breaking. It is a strange country with communication between cities so very slow and difficult each city is practically autonomous. Papred is nominally the capital but it takes at least four weeks to travel from Papred to here by sea and far longer by land. You won't find us acknowledging the relevance of the 'capital' in our everyday lives."

"Is there anything specific you would know?"

Archived