Simple question about rotating.

RideTheCatfish

I'm pretty new to GECK, and as we speak I'm paging through the tutorials and help pages. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out how to rotate objects in all directions.

In short, I simply want to place an object in the Wasteland. It is simply a sofa, and it has no function beyond just sitting there and looking nice. Now, I know how to move the object up and down, and how to spin it on an axis, but what I want to do is sit it on a sloped surface. I want to slant the sofa downwards a bit so all four of its legs are sitting on the slope.

And I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.

Hold the X or Z keys while rotating to respectively rotate them on the X and Z axes. Took me ages to figure that out too, and I felt dumb when I realized how simple it was :D .

You can also rotate on the Y axis by selecting the object and holding down the Y key while moving the mouse. Holding down the S key will change the scale of the object, btw.

When I want to change the orientation of an object with more precision I open the edit window of the object and change the numerical values of the rotation of X. Y and Z though. Use the first method for rough placement and the precise method for tweaking the final placement.