Reaver Ability tweaks/boost

gasxero

I don't know about you guys but Reaver looks real cool on paper but in action it sucks terribly.

What I'd mainly hope for is to make 'Devour' a sustainable ability like 'Death Magic', remove the damage you take from 'Aura of Pain' and increase the damage you deal with 'Blood Frenzy' from 9.9 (at 0 health) to at least 15 or so (make the ability a bit more worthwhile).

I'd do this myself but I've attempted to tackle this toolset twice now and the damn thing just scares the hell out of me...I may as well be reading a foreign language.

If any of you modders out there can change these abilities or perhaps post some SIMPLIFIED intructions on how to do this it would be much appreciated.

Many people complain about Reaver being royally underpowered. In fact this class looks like initially meant mostly for damage dealer builds, but in reality it is only interesting for tanks and that only because of Frightening Appearance, which is the only decent one of the abilities, even if its not exactly strong either.

I think the basic idea of Reaver is a "necromantic", "dark" knight who to "dances" with low hitpoints near death to get more damage output.

I would suggest giving the specialization multiple trees.

1. Frenzy Tree

1.1. Blood Frenzy. Sustainable. The "defining" ability of the class. Depends upon Strength stat now. Very little effect as long as hitpoints are above 50%; on the last hitpoints, the ability gives drastic damage bonusses. Ideally this ability should give a percent bonus on damage and not cause any additional aggro.

1.2. Health Conversion. Activateable ability on very small cooldown (1.5 sec ?); converts 9% hitpoints to half the amount of stamina.

1.3. Devour. Activateable ability, taps all allies and opponents in close range and all corpses (including corpses of allies) in large range for health. Effectivity depends upon Magic stat. All corpses give double health.

1.4. Aura of Pain. Free sustainable (like Blood Mage's Blood Magic stance) that constantly converts hitpoints into damage on near enemies. Effectivity depends upon Magic stat. Damage to character stays constant though.

2. Fear Tree

2.1. Blood Guts. Sustainable. Increases defense if hitpoints are getting lower; very little effect as long as hitpoints are above 50%; on the last hitpoints, this ability gives drastic defense bonusses. No effect whatsoever on magic attacks though.

2.2. Frigthening Appearance. As before, except the effectivity of the ability now depends upon the Magic stat.

2.3. Shield of Pain. Sustainable. Reflects part of the melee damage (before applying damage reduction and checking for misses) back to the attacker. Effectivity is 20%+Bonus from Strength stat. Shield required.

2.4. ??? some other stuff like above.

etc, more ideas are of course possible