Do you ever find yourself going on a download spree?

stars2heaven

So I was working on my mod tonight. Trying to make a tree top city when I thought, "I wish I had some trees with a bigger base, the biggest vanilla trees have to be as tall as mountains for my purposes." So I downloaded a tree resource mod here that has what I need.

And then I proceeded to go through the following 20 pages of modders resources files, downloading every single one I thought I might like to use. Now I have 19 files worth less memmory on my computer...however much that actually is.

This ever happen to you?

every once in a while something happens where I need to reinstall oblivion on a computer I have or load it up on a new one, and generally I spend about three hours scouring all the mod sites I know for mods. this happens far more than you'd think, and I often find myself marveling when I end up with more than fifty mods to unpack at the end of it al

Ha!

Funny you should ask.

Two days ago I downloaded 31 mods. I've been trying them out ever since, and most of them work, I'm happy to say. ( and some most assuredly do NOT. GRRR! Why can't some modders ever seem to remember to mention that their mod needs some other mod to work? )

Anyway, I picked up three more this morning, and it looks like I'll be at it for the next few hours.

By the way, a treetop city sounds mighty cool. A Bosmer town, I presume?

Ha!

Funny you should ask.

Two days ago I downloaded 31 mods. I've been trying them out ever since, and most of them work, I'm happy to say. ( and some most assuredly do NOT. GRRR! Why can't some modders ever seem to remember to mention that their mod needs some other mod to work? )

Anyway, I picked up three more this morning, and it looks like I'll be at it for the next few hours.

By the way, a treetop city sounds mighty cool. A Bosmer town, I presume?

Yes it will be mostly Bosmer, though it's not a freindly place. Im trying to create some unique enemy enocounters that require more than just hack and slash tactics. Anyways, I wanted some new environments to fight in also, so Im making a tree top city. As well as a volcano, Pandora like place, and some more I havent thought of yet.

I rarely find myself in a downloading spree personally. Usually when I do though, it's when I haven't downloaded any mods in a really long time, or when someone recommends a particular set/list of mods to me that I get interested in checking out.

Whenever I'm bored. I download and install like tons of mods without testing at first whether or not they work. I also usually end up with mods that need "these five other mods" to work so I look to those and while searching I find a bunch of other interesting mods... so yeah this place is pretty much a goldmine, just waiting to be tapped.

I have so many mods, most are well organized in named folders, sorted out etc, but I have one folder that is a mess. It's filled with old versions, patches and all that. YES... I download every mod I like and sometimes I like all :P