Notes in the Wastes

RideTheCatfish

This will be my first major modding project.

What I'm aiming to do here is implement some level of immersion to Fallout 3 by eventually adding upwards of a hundred or more new notes, holotapes and terminals to the Wasteland, The Pitt and Point Lookout. Some of these will be in plain view, others may be found by only the most meticulous of scavengers. These notes may contain anything from simple jokes and gags to diary entries and wasteland-spanning, story-telling scavenger hunts. With this mod, I plan to add some insight into the lives of people both before and after the war, and to stick at least somewhat to the blackly-humorous tone of the game.

In Vanilla, almost every scrap of information was put into plain view. There was little sense of secrecy, no sense of anonymity. In this mod, notes may be found slipped between old books, haphazardly obscured by a few old beer bottles, or jammed in some random corner of some random diner. None of them will be impossible to spot, but many will require a watchful, attuned eye.

Along with the notes, I have added some random vanilla clutters and items, but there will be no custom meshes or textures. Rewards for making it to the end of a scavenger hunt will be ample for those who stick to the fundamentals of the game and do not constantly cheat with over-powered godmods and/or the console. Some custom "unique" versions of pre-existing vanilla weapons, armor and items will be implemented, however.

This will be a long work-in-progres. I'm not entirely sure when I'll be able to get the first file out, but I will be gradually updating it with more content when I do. Also, I am completely open to outside ideas for entries, stories and side-quests. Type something up and send it to me via PM or just post it up here. It'll probably be implemented, as long as it's not utter nonsense.

Go for it! Notes are very easy to make and can be very fun if you do a little homework and are smart about it.

I also like that you are including the Pitt. The Pitt is worth any work anyone puts into it.

Anyways - Some suggestions:

Even though it's just notes - I think you'll need some kind of quest to bring it together. I know, I know, quests are a PITA, but no hardly anyone in all three communities: TES3,4, and FO3 that can do quests. Do what I tell everyone to do. Learn to make all kinds of content. You can combine them in great ways.

Also - Edit whatever text you make. please please please. :O