something i would like to see

Kabukiman2087

i wanna see something for fist fighting...maybe some cool gloves that you can have in the weapon slots or something that increases punch damage that look cool. the maybe someone could start working on a martial arts mod or something soon like on all the other nexus games. nothing too extravagant just maybe throw in some knees or some elbows or even a roundhouse kick...the maybe mod or texture the plain clothing into some king of martial art or oriental designed wear...would this be possible?

Not possible anytime soon..It would take a very long time for a modder to do this, and it would take a very dedicated one to successfully implement it

It would involve adding a whole new set of talents revolving around the unarmed skill (which itself would need to be made), new custom animations, and custom weapons if you want gloves in the way you speak.

but they did something somewhat similar with a glove already...the duelist glove. thats what gave me the idea in the first place and as for the appearance well it doesn't need to be something flashy or big, maybe just make something to go over the knuckles.with the mods I've been seeing I'm confident that someone can pull it off. as for the martial arts movements, i know that would be difficult i was just throwing it out there as an idea. but the clothing should definitely be do-able

Most of it should be doable in the sense of custom meshes and textures, problem is i've attempted to do custom armor mods, but so far no sucess (converting from fbx (3ds max format) to mmh (DAO format), result only in the skeleton being exported).

With time this will probably be possible, i'm just saying it's unlikely because it'd require either one very dedicated modder (such as Simayz who made Ruined Tail's Tale and etc... which is a companion on par with the ones in DA) or a team of modders..

I would like to see it too, Bruce Leeing your way through hordes of darkspawn sounds intriguing, but sadly the DA toolset is far more limited than the TES Construction set.

yea i know what you mean.the clothing shouldnt be too hard though, all that would need to be done is some skinning for the clothing that sten wears when you first meet him in lothering. maybe a black and white design with dragons on ot or something..that would be cool. i would do it myself but i dont have the toolset and i dont have the dds image for it. if someone could send me the texture in dds format i could start.