Need Help With Nexus Mod Manager (Not sure if this goes here, lol, first time)

Arammu

All my Skyrim mods show up in the mods tab and are all installed in my game and Skyrim folder, but the issue is that somehow all the mods that show up in Nexus are all deactivated with the red "X", but mods are somehow still installed? I can do without it, but it gets really anyone when installing new mods and figuring out which ones I already have installed. And when I go into Nexus and try reactivating a mod it says there's already files that exist and do you wish to overwrite, but I just cancel it, weird. I do not wish to uninstall nexus because I had a difficult time installing a mod that requires several other mods and it would just be a whole mess of work. Is there any other way to fix this issue or would I have to uninstall it and re-install it?(would rather not do that).

Edited by Arammu

Once you've downloaded a mod with the NMM, it will show up in your category you've made/or what you allowed the NMM to create, then, you will see an X. It means you've downloaded the mod but not that it is installed to your game. What you wanna click to install it is the blue folder button with a green arrow that is pointing to the right. That will begin the install.

Lol, I'm no beginner at downloading mods, that's for sure, but I have always double clicked on the mods themselves in the categories to install them and around 6 or more months ago when I was still playing Skyrim and using the nexus, I've never ran into this problem at all. It must be something implemented in the new version of nexus or that I have found some overwrites folder in my documents as wells as install info files that I delete which could be the cause of that, but I don't really know. Also I haven't yet installed the lastest update for Nexus which didn't show up till 2 days ago for me, but I would doubt that would be the problem. I have also used that blue folder icon with green arrow pointed to the right a long time ago, but it just pretty much did that same thing as double-clicking on the mod itself.

Edit: Okay...weird, just tried deleting the Install info files and the overwrites folder which is always empty btw, and I think it might be the problem because, whenever I open NMM and close it, there's more of those files there and that never use to happen at all before even when the NMM folder was in my documents 6 months ago and which is also there now.

Edited by Arammu