Teddy army, Killer teddys (fun mods)

Jmyers

OK, powers back. :biggrin:

Jesus, this thread went hiding on me! Anyway, here's the models.

As I said earlier in the thread, I haven't the foggiest about packaging mods so here's the nif and the textures.

All of this info is stuck in a read me included in the zip.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT try and use fomm to install this, there is no .esm/.esp/.rsvp/.ufo/.wtf file to tell it how to do it's job!

It's just the nif file and the textures.

The textures are the vanilla ones from Fallout but directing the nif to look there caused issues (you know the ones where it changes randomly) so now it looks for them at: c:\program files\bethesda softworks\fallout 3\data\textures\armour\ted\

Use The GECK to switch out the nif of any armour file you want replaced with this, save as a plug in and bobs your uncle, teddy bear armour.

I got the raiders to wair it by replacing all the raider's armour with this model and just saving it.

Two side effects of this method are

A) You (and/or your follower) can run around as a giant teddy beating up people (which is freaking hilarious)

and B) there appears to be an issue with what the games considers shootable.

As in, you still have to aim at the base of the giant teddy head as if you were shooting at a raider with normal armour. I'm assuming this ether is just something to do with the way the game deals with humans and the like or the model needs something like collision geometry added in.

Oh and there's no dismemberment jobbies on the model so if you make em explode, lil bits will go everywhere and the teddy bear model will just collapse in on it's self and just leave the big ol head. (Don't worry, it wont crash, it'll just look weird)

ANYHU! To much TL;DR and not enough files, so here it is. Have some lulz

Jmeyers you would be very upset if a forensics team searched your basement wouldn't you?

I don’t think of it as a basement but as my happy place. Also the most interesting thing they would find in my basement is cat poop!

Also i was messing around with the Geck the other day when I seen some of the attack styles. Could this be used to make it appear that the teddy bear is trying to bite the victim? how do I stop the geck from crashing all the time?