Optimizing?

Honeybiscuit

When you are walking in the wasteland far away you can see the Tenpenny towers. How do you have it to where you cane see your own Monolith tower? is in the optimizing or what? cause when I walk up on what I built it doesnt show its whole form from a distance. What can I do to show its Magnitude? What I built you can put Tenpenny underneath it.

Double Click on the pieces that make up your building and check the "Visible when distant" flag and the "High priority LOD" flag.

If this doesn't work for you then that means that you will need to generate new object LOD for the Wasteland worldspace. That works much the same way that you generate terrain and tree LOD, except that the object LOD process calls to TGA files that often are inaccessible to the GECK. That stops the object LOD generation and leaves you with a message concerning the "missing" file. You can work around this problem by recreating the TGA files that are missing , but it is an involved and tedious process, because once you recreate the TGA file that is missing and restart the LOD generation process it leads you to the next missing TGA, and the next, and the next...

I wish that I had uploaded the TGAs that I created as a modder's resource, but didn't think of it at the time and they got dumped after I finished the generation. Maybe someone else had done so by now.

Double Click on the pieces that make up your building and check the "Visible when distant" flag and the "High priority LOD" flag.

If this doesn't work for you then that means that you will need to generate new object LOD for the Wasteland worldspace. That works much the same way that you generate terrain and tree LOD, except that the object LOD process calls to TGA files that often are inaccessible to the GECK. That stops the object LOD generation and leaves you with a message concerning the "missing" file. You can work around this problem by recreating the TGA files that are missing , but it is an involved and tedious process, because once you recreate the TGA file that is missing and restart the LOD generation process it leads you to the next missing TGA, and the next, and the next...

I wish that I had uploaded the TGAs that I created as a modder's resource, but didn't think of it at the time and they got dumped after I finished the generation. Maybe someone else had done so by now.

You mean evet single object thats I have has to be individually done like that? Oh my God

Ok I went and put Visible from distance and the hidh priority LOD. then it says Navemesh something or orther that I need to optimise? Is that what you meant with the TGA files?

this is a rather important topic for a mod such as what you describe, HB.

here is a bit of info for you that takes another approach..that of letting the end-user worry about LOD.

@Pow_R_Toc_H: FO3 Edit has a built-in LOD generator for all your active mods. Fire up the program. Select all in the left window (left click, CNTRL-A), right click to bring up menu, choose Generate Object LOD, right click in the Generate Worldspaces window that has popped up, choose Select All. Click OK. Wait for the program to finish generating LODs from all your mods and the main game files.

I did this myself for all my active mods, and honestly, it might have helped some, but I still get statics disappearing at certain angles. Updating EVERY SINGLE STATIC in your tower is not really worth it, at least to me.

the above quote is from the comments on my Movin On Up mod, which you might be interested in checking out anyway. (link is in my Sig.)