Oblivion Overhaul

OmYcroN

Hello. I'm working on a mods pack installer kinda like the one from Morrowind Overhaul. This pack should be more a visual, audio and ux upgrade. If anybody has any ideas, mods list that actually work or anything else please post or send them to me. Below is the 'alpha' installer (i'm limited in upload so... only one):

Nice idea! please do ask the different moders for premission so it will be legit :)

And please dont use QTP3, its a good mod but rather easy to fin. My suggestion is to go with the more different ones such as Ampolx.

Sounds like a good plan, couple of things to keep in mind.

-Get mod author's approval, 100% of the time. People don't like not being notified when you use their stuff.

-If you're planning to make this a BIG thing, remember it's going to be a BIG file. You're not gonna want to have lots of options in different graphics enhancers, so make sure you get the best fit.

-Don't go overboard on what you're adding - keep it to upgrades rather than additions, try and make them universally good upgrades (ex. not everyone wants bouncing KK cup boobs) or provide options, size allowing.

-Options! This might go without saying, but make everything possible optional.

Sorry if any of this was obvious, or doesn't fit your plans. This is just how I'd do it.

Something to take care of with the UOMP - there are a couple of occasions where you might wish to disable the patch for one of the DLCs. For instance, I run a copy of "The Fighters Stronghold Upgraded" which, for compatibility purposes, replaces the original esp with another of the same name, and clashes with the UOMP patch if that is also installed. It has to stay the same name as the original for things like SM Plugin Refurbish (a recommended inclusion in your overhaul, btw) to work.

I've updated the installer and added a link to it (to see how it 'feels' like). Currently I'm using this list as a reference:
http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1483493-an-up-to-date-mod-list-created-2014-03-08/

After installing all from the texture section, I get around 30 fps with Ultra detail and 1080p on a GTX 460 1GB. Adding any ENB will kill the frames. If any of you guys have a textures list that is more fps friendly, let me know. And please comment on the above list.

DOWNLOAD HERE >> http://www47.zippyshare.com/v/76080322/file.html

Also a picture:

Note:

1. This will be a full installer, without the option to exclude mods (at least in version 1)

2. It will require a full Oblivion install (expansions, dlcs and latest patch) in order to work

Edited by OmYcroN

OK - Stability mods:

I see you have FastExit 2 already (at least, I *HOPE* it's 2)

I suggest Streamline (currently v3.1.1.1), Windom Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System (v28.3) and Oblivion Stutter Remover (4.1), plus a set of ini file adjustments which can be automated.

I also suggest thinking about the 4GB patch logistics:

Running it on XP x32 requires a mod to the boot command line to enable PAE;

Should run ok on Win XP x64;

I've never tried Vista so you need to check whether Vista x32 enables PAE;

Should run ok with Vista x64;

Win7 already has PAE enabled in the x32 version, and the x64 is fine.

Anybody using Steam (and that is a large group these days) MAY find that Steam randomly updates and overwrites the patched version of the XP executable, as it obviously changes the checksum of the file. If you want to make it more foolproof, I suggest a batch file that copies the original Oblivion.exe, patches it, and renames it - then a second batch file so that when you start oblivion it backs up the original exe, renames the 4gb patched version to oblivion.exe, and then runs that - and reverses the process at the end of gaming.

OK - Stability mods:

I suggest Streamline (currently v3.1.1.1), Windom Earle's Oblivion Crash Prevention System (v28.3) and Oblivion Stutter Remover (4.1), plus a set of ini file adjustments which can be automated.

I also suggest thinking about the 4GB patch logistics:

Running it on XP x32 requires a mod to the boot command line to enable PAE;

Should run ok on Win XP x64;

I've never tried Vista so you need to check whether Vista x32 enables PAE;

Should run ok with Vista x64;

Win7 already has PAE enabled in the x32 version, and the x64 is fine.

Anybody using Steam (and that is a large group these days) MAY find that Steam randomly updates and overwrites the patched version of the XP executable, as it obviously changes the checksum of the file. If you want to make it more foolproof, I suggest a batch file that copies the original Oblivion.exe, patches it, and renames it - then a second batch file so that when you start oblivion it backs up the original exe, renames the 4gb patched version to oblivion.exe, and then runs that - and reverses the process at the end of gaming.

OK - Stability mods:

I don't like streamline for a variety of different reason. The first one is that it's not as good as people think it is.

And window earle's oblivion crash prevention should never be used on a game that you want to play for long. Because it doesn't fix problems, it just makes them invisible. Then one day, you'll start to suffer stability problems, the savegame won't load, etc.

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/22282/?tab=4&&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Foblivion%2Fajax%2Fcomments%2F%3Fmod_id%3D22282%26page%3D1%26sort%3DDESC%26pid%3D0%26thread_id%3D99458&pUp=1

Just check the comments.

+1 for fast exit and OSR.

Edited by Sergio1992

Noted.

Until now i have tested (in load order):

-- core --

Unofficial Oblivion Patch 3.4.5
Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch 1.5.3
Unofficial Official Mods Patch 18
OBSE (Oblivion Script Extender) 0021
BOSS (Better Oblivion Sorting Software) 2.3.0
Fast Exit 2.0