Reaction of hot and nearly nude followers.

Friedferth

I dont know if it was discussed here before, but I think, its boring, when you have hot followers, undependant if its male or female, and you get no comments.

When you enter p.a. Megaton with two hot female followers, in my case, and there's no reaction like 'Uh, the guy with the two hots' or so.

I think, it would be a better feeling, when there are reactions for you or the followers that you follow ((-:)).

Would be a bit more atmosphere to the game. Puh, the game has enough atmosphere, but with reaction and the need to keep more eye on your followers,

maybe it would be more perhaps realistic or more interrsting.

What do you think about that?

I completly agree that it would be cool

But when it comes down to it, I have yet to see a game that even has such reactions to the player character more or less the dozens of possible people following them... And that is from game studios, not the modding community...

The only game I know of that even tried was Fable, but that game didn't have dialogue or anything like that.

That aside though, I have always beleived that how people in the game world react to you in the game world is the biggest form of rewarding the player. Reactions to the way your player looks and the armor and weapons you carry and the way you handle the obsticles in the game puts a lot of depth to the game world and the people in it.

What good is it to have some awesome power armor if the Brotherhood of Steel isn't jelous of your superior tech? and what good is it to have a reputation as a psycotic serial killer if people don't fear you?

The problem is though, there would have to be some sort of rating on how attractive - scary - ext each peice of equipment is. I would put it on three seperate meters to guage how people should react to each peice of equipment.

Attractivness vs. Non-Attractive

Scarry vs. Cute

Expensive vs. Poor

Or something simmilar. But the idea is that certain people would have dialogue options that open up based on being a certain number in each category. (such as, they will react if your Expensive meter is 5 or higher)

This could work exactly the same on the NPC followers, but they would just have a set number on the meters and it wouldn't be affected by equipment. And there would also have to be a variable based on the NPC being male or female.

But based on the "attractive" stats on the follower certain dialogue lines from the NPC would be unlocked.

So, if you have a hot female companion for the Trouble on the Homefront quest, Amata might say something different because she is jelous, and if you have a scarry companion when you talk to a shop owner they may get intimidated and have an option to get something for free.

But anyways, this probly couldn't happen unless someone could find a way to add extra "looks" attributes to characters and equipment. And even then it would take a whole ton of reworking of dialogue of a whole lot of characters throughout the Wasteland...

But anyways, I will stop rambling now... I just get to talking too much when it comes to the potential of dialogue systems and the like...

MMh, I am no modder, so I dont know, if its possible.

Whats with a 'home' mod, which affects all Chars in the game? A rating, perhaps in 10 or 20 rates, from turkey to IWTF?

And other Modders include the rating?

Maybe not that bad idea, can such a mod be done?

Edit: Hmpf, theres a bad word filter here, kiddies here? I ment the lil' hole in the lower back of humens :-)

Create something like this is definitly possible.

You can control it with local variables on NPCs or globals for the Player.

Like, give the player global attributes and ask for it in dialogue conditions.

The big problem is, that it requires to create a lot of dialogue choices.

Lets take Luca Simms for example.

If he comes towards you right now, he always speaks the same dialogue line,

that of course only fits if you enter megaton right after leaving the vault.

So, you would have to create a bunch of new greetings just for luca simms,

each with different conditions depending on player experiance and actions.

Now take it for the whole game and not only greetings, but the entire dialogue trees

and you would have really a lot of work to do......

I like the concept because in some ways Fallout 3 is less holistic than earlier versions of Fallout. In Fallout 2 for instance, if you sold slaves you are branded on the forehead so that you are accepted by slavers, but also take a massive charisma hit and lose acceptance among other groups. In Fallout 3 all you suffer for selling slaves is a little verbal shaming from Three Dog in a broadcast.

However, while it might be possible to do a mod like you describe, I would never recommend something like that as a first mod. It is definitely possible to swim across the English Channel too, but do you want to try for it on your first time out?

It would require a massive amount of work for a slight change in the ambience of the game. If you could get something like this to work, you could probably only get it to work with vanilla companions or ones you create yourself for the mod. To make the mod that you create work with the many various companion mods available would be next to impossible unless you use those other mods as masters of your mod, I think.

My advice to you is the same I give to anyone who admits "MMh, I am no modder, so I dont know, if its possible." And that advice is to start small. Don't be like the couch potato who decides that he is going to compete in next month's Ironman Competition. It is unrealistic and you set yourself up for failure. Same goes for Fallout 3 mods. It might be true that the concept is the real art, but it is the ability to execute the concept that either makes it something that can be shared or turns it into an abandoned project.

A great many experienced modders will not even try to include custom voiced dialogue in their mods because of the amount of work involved. Yet your idea is to do not only that, but also to create scripts that allow vanilla NPCs to recognize a player's companions, rate them for qualities like attractiveness or repulsiveness and voice appropriate dialogue at appropriate times? Then are the companions going to react to being called a hot babe or slaver dog or are they just going to take it in silence? Even without voiced dialogue and only text, it would be very complex. My own personal opinion (admittedly with which others disagree) is that adding non-voiced dialogue to a game with voiced dialogue reduces realism rather than enhances it. I don't even know how you would add text only reactions to bystanders with which you are not involved in dialogue. Maybe message boxes?

If you want to try it anyway, I would recommend trying to create your own companion mod or (with permission) use an existing companion mod or vanilla companion and create one or two NPCs who are designed to react to that specific companion if they are with you. Then you will get an idea of what you are getting into while avoiding a great deal of complexity inherent in your mod concept.