How To Remove Flare And Heal Spells From Certain Races At Game Start?

adnon23

I thought it a little odd that every single character starts with a Heal and Flare spell. I haven't tested it out on a fighter but it seems odd that even a fighter can cast Heal or anything for that matter; seems like they should be relying on heal potions etc. I know the newbie dungeon probably wouldn't have enough heal potions in it to limit the heal spell to casting classes and this is just an odd request but does any mod exist with this change or how easy/hard would it be to edit the races and their starting spells? I guess races that have bonuses to restoration would be the ones to have the heal spell. I guess another modification would be to add more healing potions for the non-heal casting classes as well. I know this is an odd request but I want to try it out so if it's an easy fix please tell me how to do it? Thanks!

- In the editor I go to character and choose race but it only lists the bonuses and the starting special abilities each race gets. Where can I find the starting spells? I even looked in the object windows under spells and found the flare and heal spells but when I edit it, it does not have PC start spell checked. So where are the Heal and Flare spells added?

Well they add those in there so you decide what you want to be along the way, or So I think. I dont think you can remove the started heal and flare spells from a starting character for they are not race orientated. But I know around level 3-4 The heal and flare spell you get when you start lose all effectiveness that they may have had before. So it isn't that big of a deal, but I will look into where these come from and see what I can do for ya...

Well they add those in there so you decide what you want to be along the way, or So I think. I dont think you can remove the started heal and flare spells from a starting character for they are not race orientated. But I know around level 3-4 The heal and flare spell you get when you start lose all effectiveness that they may have had before. So it isn't that big of a deal, but I will look into where these come from and see what I can do for ya...

Thanks! I'm actually more curious than anything now.

It actually appears that they are coded, or stock, into every starting character, and are apparently un-removeable from a starting character. But they do have a good reason for being there, but im not sure why Beth made them un-removable.. Sorry man =\

Archived