Race and Lore Request

Rayne72

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't see it until after my last post that someone else had made an even better Na'vi :D

Specially those ears! :P

All of mods i found containing Na'vi where terrible (specially the texture) so that's where my idea came from "making a better Na'vi".

Anyways, looking forward to this mod, nothing like dreaming away in the Pandoran universe.

The Na'vis i made will be released tonight or tomorrow, depending if i get bored of something else :-)

By my count there are now three released Na'vi races as well as rausheim's un-released race. I think there will be more. It is the type of project that would be of interest to many modders and that is why I say you will see many more Na'vi races.

Modders put a lot of time and effort into what they do and they continue to improve their mods as they learn new techniques and advance their skills. That is what modding is all about. It may come to pass that one of these other Na'vi race mods will prove to be more appropriate and desirable than my own. I don't think you should rule anything out. Keep your mind open to the possibilities.

As for my own project, I will release an unfinished beta/wip version for people who want to try it or evaluate it. I just need to do a few more things before I release. Fix the hair for example, you may have noticed I never showed it from the back. I wasn't intending that hair mesh to be released so I didn't bother much with it, but now I think I can release sooner if I fix that hair mesh rather than starting from scratch. I can always add more and better hair later. We will start at version 0.1 and work up to 1.0

What I did today was separate all of the na'vi's files from the rest of my game and gave it it's own esp. When I started this project I wasn't thinking about releasing, it was just another one of my private mods. I built it onto my Ikandy.esp, which is my own cosmetic compilation that controls all my custom races and gives me access to all the hair and eye mods I've downloaded from other people. So I had to separate the Na'vi from all of that. It may sound simple but it was very time consuming.

Also I did the loin cloth for the male. I searched everywhere thinking there must be one already out there, but I couldn't find any, so I made one. Then I re-installed the game so I can test on a clean install. How soon I release the beta will depend on how much I can do tonight and tomorrow. Almost all of my modding happens on the weekends, I don't do much on weekdays.

I am also committed to fulfilling a request from a couple of people for something else, and I've given them my word that they would have what they want in a couple of days. So that has to be done. :)

RGM

By my count there are now three released Na'vi races as well as rausheim's un-released race. I think there will be more. It is the type of project that would be of interest to many modders and that is why I say you will see many more Na'vi races.

Modders put a lot of time and effort into what they do and they continue to improve their mods as they learn new techniques and advance their skills. That is what modding is all about. It may come to pass that one of these other Na'vi race mods will prove to be more appropriate and desirable than my own. I don't think you should rule anything out. Keep your mind open to the possibilities.

As for my own project, I will release an unfinished beta/wip version for people who want to try it or evaluate it. I just need to do a few more things before I release. Fix the hair for example, you may have noticed I never showed it from the back. I wasn't intending that hair mesh to be released so I didn't bother much with it, but now I think I can release sooner if I fix that hair mesh rather than starting from scratch. I can always add more and better hair later. We will start at version 0.1 and work up to 1.0

What I did today was separate all of the na'vi's files from the rest of my game and gave it it's own esp. When I started this project I wasn't thinking about releasing, it was just another one of my private mods. I built it onto my Ikandy.esp, which is my own cosmetic compilation that controls all my custom races and gives me access to all the hair and eye mods I've downloaded from other people. So I had to separate the Na'vi from all of that. It may sound simple but it was very time consuming.

Also I did the loin cloth for the male. I searched everywhere thinking there must be one already out there, but I couldn't find any, so I made one. Then I re-installed the game so I can test on a clean install. How soon I release the beta will depend on how much I can do tonight and tomorrow. Almost all of my modding happens on the weekends, I don't do much on weekdays.

I am also committed to fulfilling a request from a couple of people for something else, and I've given them my word that they would have what they want in a couple of days. So that has to be done. :)

RGM

RGM if it its any issue once your race gets out My team probably will want to get hold of your race and Continue to Add too and many other things if thats ok with you

as some of us have alot of time on are hands haha :biggrin:

thanks anyway keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Since Operation Pandora is to get almost everything like the movie :)

i change main menu....

it plays Avatar OST - I see you)))

i`m using RAD tools to conver picture to bik, and change original map loot.bik

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8217/oblivion201001241237230.png

i change main menu....

it plays Avatar OST - I see you)))

i`m using RAD tools to conver picture to bik, and change original map loot.bik

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8217/oblivion201001241237230.png

hmmm mind if we use that?