Is this really this simple or am I missing something?

MikeHancho64

OK, I am adding some NPC's to my base. There are already 7 from the original mod living & working there with full AI packages set for their different functions like Doctor, mechanic etc. I filtered my object window to show the npc's. I have been able to add several already, but I'm wondering if I'm missing something. All I have been doing is find a type I want to add one to- for example say I want to add another Doctor type npc. I just double click on the doctor npc in the object window and the npc box comes up. I then just change the ID from say myNPCdoctor01 to say myNPCdoctor02. Then a box comes up asking me if I want to create a new form and I just say yes and I have a new npc I can edit how I wish and can place in my base. Is this really that easy or am I horribly missing something?

OK, this is awesome, lol. I have gotten it all working with day & night work shifts between 4 doctors and 4 mechanics. I also have 3 bartenders taking turns at the bar and hanging out drinking when they are not working or sleeping. The work shifts head to the bar and then sleep a few hours later and all are working perfectly with their schedules.

The next real big thing I need to figure out is what do I need to do to be able to give the NPC something to wear and have them wear it in game. Are there any articles or tutorials for that? If I ever release this I would like for users to be able to dress them as they see fit if possible.

Well NPCs will wear anything in there inventory (they will wear whatever has the highest DR). So just put things in there inventory and they will wear them.

To make it possible to change what they are wearing during the game you will need a system to place the selected item into there inventory.

To make it possible to change what they are wearing during the game you will need a system to place the selected item into there inventory.

Yes, I would like to be able to simply talk to them and give them what I want them to wear and take what they had. But, I don't know enough about what I'm doing yet to know how to set it up.