enable lights,door, FX

FuzeTek

Hey, so I'm working on my resident evil 2 mod and I want to have a switch that turns on lights on the Train and unlocks the door. Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to write a script and if so can anybody help me with it? I'd greatly appreciate it ^_^ thnx

It could be done with one object script on the switch. Make one of your initially disabled lights an enable parent of the other lights and enable that enable parent with a script on the switch, like:

scn LightSwitchScript

short doOnce

Begin OnActivate

if ( doOnce == 0 )
	activate
	ALightREF.enable
	DoorA.unlock							
	Set doOnce to 1
elseif ( doOnce == 1 )
	activate
	ALightREF.disable
	Set doOnce to 0
endif

End

That would allow all of the lights to be toggled on and off and unlock the door as soon as the lights come on and leave the door unlocked.

Lights as in the light emitter itself? because I check initially disabled on the emitter but it still comes up on when I load the map

If by light emitter you mean the globe shaped object that you place in the GECK that becomes a light source in the game, then yes.

Map? Do you mean interior cell? If you mean that you load the cell in the GECK and still see the light in the render window that you marked as initially disabled then that should be expected. If you enter that same cell that you created while checking it in the game and you still see the supposedly disabled light shining, then there is something wrong.

Yes I mean the globe lightbulb. I made a test cell with a switch and a light, checked the disabled box but it still shows up ingame. I don't know whats going on but I have to figure this out, theres alot of applications I want to use this for for the various actions within the RPD. Still working on getting the terminal to unlock the 2 doors in the lobby. thank you for the help so far, I appreciate your response ^_^