The Other Daedric Planes

DagonTheranis

All right, I prepared some more samples.

Some of these are electronically altered and others are natural.

These are the natural ones.

This one is me trying to make it deeper naturally. I'm not proud of this one: Link

This is the voice I normally reserve for Dremoras: Link

These are electronically deepened, I much prefer these.

This is my original test but deepened: Link

This is also my original test but deepened even further: Link

Personally, I think the electronically lowered ones work best because I can't act,

as you can probably tell, when I'm forcing my voice to go lower.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice idea...but Bethesda indicated in a staffer-forum skit that not only is Vivec fine, but a true god now.

And it is he who has thwarted Azura now. Big-time.

This could be overcome by something as simple as implied backstory in the quest dialogue, but it should be addressed.

• 2 weeks later...

I fully support the Coldharbour idea. I think it has great quest potential. Some believe it to be a portent of Tamriel's future, so you could be summoned there to either stop Molag Bal from bringing about a post-apocalyptic future, or to aid him in achieving that goal. Possibly have an object that once activated would change all the textures and NPCs of the game. Since Caldharbour is an exact copy of Nirn, only ruined, there would be no need for additional landscaping or locations. The cities could be towns where you interact with various Daedra. Maybe Molag Bal marks you as his champion so the Daedra will not harm you, or even respect you. I think there's a lot of potential in Coldharbour and would be one of the easier realms to make.

I also think Moonshadow has a lot potential. Questline could be possibly aiding Azura in either defending her realm, reasserting herself as a primary deity, or even something less epic. Azura's nature is much more diverse than some of the other Daedra that many different possibilities could be done and still be believable. Meridia's Coloured Rooms could also work in a similar way.

Attribution's Share, Boethiah's realm, has a description that could work well as a visitable location:

"...characterized by twisted towers and immense maze gardens. The realm is ruled by laws of labyrinthine policy and betrayals are a matter of course. Boethiah frequently holds the Tournament of Ten Bloods here."

As for other planes of Oblivion, many of them have an existence that would be difficult or impossible to base a world in, with inhabitants and towns.