Supermutant wont equip new equipment

lordinquisitor

I have been messing with the supermutants for a while now and have done whole body replacers with them. What I want to do is use 1 model as a base and give them equipment to wear so they look different.

I made some glasses crude as they are and exported from blender. They show in the GECK preview and I copied a existing form with new id in GECK. I go ingame and use the console to both add the item and equip and get nothing. The item is on the corpse but is not worn by the Supermutant. I am geting sick of this but suspect Its by low level of geck knowledge thats getting me so you lot have any ide what the hell Im doing wrong??

They don't equip because the supermutant is a creature, and creatures cant equip armors.

True enough. If you look at supermutant meshes you see entirely separate body meshes representing different armor sets. There is no base spinebreaker supermutant body with tradeable equipment as there is with humanoid races.

There is a separate playable ghoul race, btw, that is different from creature feral ghouls.