Windows 7

JinjaBreadNinja

Well I am using windows 7 and at first I had trouble finding the BSA file for MMM.

But of course being computer literate I was able too right click a few files and then properties too see what kind of files they were.

BethesdaSoftworks Archive appeared for me when I sorted the files by type and by taking the B S A I knew it was the bsa file I was looking for. :P

Its just a bit confusing at first when coming from XP where it lists the file type at the end of the file name where windows 7 doesn't.

If you mean mod manager can't find it then I think you have too manually install it. IF it still doesn't show up on the list, well mine doesn't ether. I think .esm and esp only show up on the list and BSA files are just loaded when the esp/esm looks for it.

Hope that helps. :P

I don't think the problem has to do with Windows 7. I'm using it and I'm not setup any differently then when I was on Windows XP. Make sure that those Natural Environment files are in the Data folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data).

When you open the 7z/rar file that you downloaded from a website, that contains the mod, extract/drap&drop it's contents to the Data folder, however, if all you see is a data folder in the mod file, then open that and drag&drop the contents into the Data folder.

Make sure there is no data folder in the data folder too.

And also Natural Environment doesn't have any .bsa files, and nor does the Mod Manager load them. And OOO has a esm but no bsa.

nosoulking, Windows XP didn't show file extensions more than Windows 7 does. In both versions you can have them show it by going to the Folder Options panel in Configuration Panel (in the View tab, 2nd one, if I remember correctly).

I have been using Oblivion on Windows7 since last May. When the final Win7 came out in October, I reinstalled and reloaded Oblivion. There was no problem at all. I do recommend not installing it in the default location though. If you do, the base game will work just fine. However, when you start trying to use mods you will run into problems with UAC, exactly as with Vista.

For Vista related problems such as UAC, Check here:

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/article.php?id=262.

The mod manager, OBMM does not deal with bsa files at all, unless they are a part of a mod packaged in an OMOD format, in which case it will place them in the proper places for you. Most mods do not use bsa files at all.

The default location for the bsa files is in the Oblivion\data folder. A new install should place the following in your oblivion\data folder

Oblivion Only - NO Shivering Isles

Any bsa files included with a mod should go in the same place.

Contents of a clean install \data folder

Music (folder)

Shaders (folder)

Video (folder)

Credits (text)

Oblivion - Meshes.bsa

Oblivion - Misc.bsa

Oblivion - Sounds.bsa

Oblivion - Textures - Compressed.bsa

Oblivion - Voices1.bsa

Oblivion - voices2.bsa

Oblivion.esm

Unmodified Oblivion data with Shivering Isles

This is the data folder with Oblivion & Shivering Isles installed. Before adding any mods.

Music - Folder

Shaders - Folder

Textures - Folder

Video - Folder

Credits.txt - Text file, not needed

DLCList.txt - Important - needed for Shivering Isles

Oblivion.esm - This is the main Oblivion

DLCShiveringIsles.esp - a dummy (empty)file, but must be here.

DLCShiveringIsles-Meshes.bsa

DlCShiveringIsles-Sounds.bsa

DlCShiveringIsles-Textures.bsa

DlCShiveringIsles-Voices.bsa

Oblivion-Meshes.bsa

Oblivion-Misc.bsa

Oblivion-Sounds.bsa

Oblivion-Textures-Compressed.bsa

Oblivion-Voices1.bsa

Oblivion-Voices2.bsa

I don't think the problem has to do with Windows 7. I'm using it and I'm not setup any differently then when I was on Windows XP. Make sure that those Natural Environment files are in the Data folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion\Data).

When you open the 7z/rar file that you downloaded from a website, that contains the mod, extract/drap&drop it's contents to the Data folder, however, if all you see is a data folder in the mod file, then open that and drag&drop the contents into the Data folder.

Make sure there is no data folder in the data folder too.

And also Natural Environment doesn't have any .bsa files, and nor does the Mod Manager load them. And OOO has a esm but no bsa.

nosoulking, Windows XP didn't show file extensions more than Windows 7 does. In both versions you can have them show it by going to the Folder Options panel in Configuration Panel (in the View tab, 2nd one, if I remember correctly).

Windows 7 is quite different than XP, with Oblivion. You have to use Ring of Console, for instance. (newer computers, ~ command doesnt work)

Windows 7 is quite different than XP, with Oblivion. You have to use Ring of Console, for instance. (newer computers, ~ command doesnt work)

That's not true, on two counts.

1. It's ` not ~ (at least on my computer). Generally it's "the key left of the 1 key".

2. ` works perfectly well - as long as you don't have an infrared receiver on your computer.