3d modding

funkidud3

I have been modding for a while now only modding textures and i have attempted 3d modding multiple times but cannot figure out how to get it to work for fallout out 3 and i am not that great at it either but i want to lean and do not know anybody who does this.

Well what i am asking is if anyone can send me a video or a good website link or post to show me any or all of these things:

1. how to make good 3d clothes/armour
  2. how to make clothes work in fallout 3
  3. and if you know a good 3d painting program

if you can help me i will be soooooo grateful and happy

Also i will be away for 2 or 3 days and so if i don't reply its because i am away

Thanx

When it comes to 3d modeling Google is your friend. First you need to get the software, Blender (free) or 3ds max (better but very expensive).

Then you need to do some tutorials, Google is good for that.

Then you need to get niftools for exporting in the correct format and nifskope to set the nif up properly.

I have been modding for a while now only modding textures and i have attempted 3d modding multiple times but cannot figure out how to get it to work for fallout out 3 and i am not that great at it either but i want to lean and do not know anybody who does this.

Well what i am asking is if anyone can send me a video or a good website link or post to show me any or all of these things:

1. how to make good 3d clothes/armour
  2. how to make clothes work in fallout 3
  3. and if you know a good 3d painting program

if you can help me i will be soooooo grateful and happy

Also i will be away for 2 or 3 days and so if i don't reply its because i am away

Thanx

First of all, there isn't a quick and easy way to makeing armor and clothing. No one tutorial will just show you how to do it. You first and foremost will want a basic understanding of human anatomy and then at least a moderate skill at modeling before you should even attempt makeing your own armors and the like.

And then you have the whole process of skinning to go about, which combined with everything else, makes outfits one of the more complex things you could try to put into a game.

And second, I have never heard of a 3D painting program... I don't really know what one is... But generally you would simply unwrap the UVW of your 3D model and texture it in Photoshop or whatever other 2D program you perfer.

But anyways, the point being, if you are new to 3D modeling, I wouldn't sugest starting on makeing clothing and armor. Get a solid skill base working with stuff like tanks or cars or something, and then move on to the much harder character stuff.

There are 3D modeling programs that allow you to paint directly onto models: Blender is one, and there's a tutorial/demo of how to do it here:-

Hexagon is another. It costs, unlike Blender, but occasionally earlier versions than the current one turn up on magazine cover disks.

Generally though, for fine detail you're far better off painting your texture in 2D then mapping it to your model, especially if you're using normal maps, alpha maps and so on.