werewolf sounds

Grimmdaur

If anyone's a modder or has had experience with mods, i woud like to make a request. I am a real NOOB at modding and therfore have no experience with it, nor the requiered tools to mod. My request is to make a mod that adds a regular imperial with the voice/sound of a werewolf, let's say the curse of hircine.

Could you expand on this please? I am having a bit trouble completely seeing what you want.

To what I understand, you want an imperial that has the voice of a werewolf. Well, first off, every voiced sentence is that of a saved MP3 file. In other words, someone spoke into a mic, recorded their voice, and told the character to play that sound file under certain conditions. Going to the whole new conversation and typing what they say along with expression and emotion simply makes the facial features correlate with that, not the voice. In order to get a werewolf voice, I suggest using voice morph programs. Record your own voice with as deep a voice as you can make, open the sound file, and change certain variables such as pitch and timbre. You can then add effects depending on the program you make, to make it sound howly, and or vibrato added to the mix.

I suggest AV Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond. It is what I use to morph my voice when in Ventrilo to sound like a squirrel. :D

I have never really used its sound file morphing capabilities, so I can not tell you how or how it will come out. At the least you can research it. Having a program recommended gives you at least some sort of standpoint to start with.

Although I have never used it to morph an already existent .mp3 file, I have used it to morph realtime with my own voice, and have come to the realization that it has extreme and almost limitless capabilities to make me sound demonic, angelic, ghostly, or squirrely. I am a white guy with a white guy voice (although my voice can be tuned to sound in various ways as it is already) but with the AV 6.0 Diamond I have fooled a lot of people into thinking I was russian, black, Hispanic, chinese, and even hindu. I turn it off when I wanna sound british, irish, german or southern hick-ish :D. Point being, should you take just a little time getting used to it I am sure you can fullfill your own wishes.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

PS: I would do it for you right now but my mic broke a loooong time ago. I do not know how well it sounds, as the mic part of the headset is broken OFF and the headphones just gave out on their own... 40$ down the drain... yay... I have to wear two different headphones just to get to talk to people whilst I hear them >_<

If I have helped you solve your problem you can show your appreciation by clicking Give Kudos next to my post under my avatar, or by the link in my signature. Feel free to browse my mods, links below, that may be of further help to your future modding projects.

Could you expand on this please? I am having a bit trouble completely seeing what you want.

To what I understand, you want an imperial that has the voice of a werewolf. Well, first off, every voiced sentence is that of a saved MP3 file. In other words, someone spoke into a mic, recorded their voice, and told the character to play that sound file under certain conditions. Going to the whole new conversation and typing what they say along with expression and emotion simply makes the facial features correlate with that, not the voice. In order to get a werewolf voice, I suggest using voice morph programs. Record your own voice with as deep a voice as you can make, open the sound file, and change certain variables such as pitch and timbre. You can then add effects depending on the program you make, to make it sound howly, and or vibrato added to the mix.

I suggest AV Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond. It is what I use to morph my voice when in Ventrilo to sound like a squirrel. :D

I have never really used its sound file morphing capabilities, so I can not tell you how or how it will come out. At the least you can research it. Having a program recommended gives you at least some sort of standpoint to start with.

Although I have never used it to morph an already existent .mp3 file, I have used it to morph realtime with my own voice, and have come to the realization that it has extreme and almost limitless capabilities to make me sound demonic, angelic, ghostly, or squirrely. I am a white guy with a white guy voice (although my voice can be tuned to sound in various ways as it is already) but with the AV 6.0 Diamond I have fooled a lot of people into thinking I was russian, black, Hispanic, chinese, and even hindu. I turn it off when I wanna sound british, irish, german or southern hick-ish :D. Point being, should you take just a little time getting used to it I am sure you can fullfill your own wishes.

Be well, sleep well, fight well, live long.

~Ranokoa

PS: I would do it for you right now but my mic broke a loooong time ago. I do not know how well it sounds, as the mic part of the headset is broken OFF and the headphones just gave out on their own... 40$ down the drain... yay... I have to wear two different headphones just to get to talk to people whilst I hear them >_<

If I have helped you solve your problem you can show your appreciation by clicking Give Kudos next to my post under my avatar, or by the link in my signature. Feel free to browse my mods, links below, that may be of further help to your future modding projects.

Wow realy? i didin't know. The problem is that i'm not requesting a new werewolf voice, i just want to know how i can use a file that has already been created and put that instead of the original voice file for said race.

example: when i get hit, i want my imperial to sound like the werewolf from the curse of hicine.

And when my imperial hits i want him to sound like a werewolf from the curse of hircine too

ex:he gets hit (ROAR)

he hits (GROWL)

All i want to do is simply replace the imperial voice files with the werewolf (the curse of hircine)growls, roars and whimpers.

What ranokoa means is to get that program "AV Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond" and record your voice growling/howling,and overwrite it in oblivion voice archives,or you download curse of hircine get the sounds you want and overwrite it.

What ranokoa means is to get that program "AV Voice Changer 6.0 Diamond" and record your voice growling/howling,and overwrite it in oblivion voice archives,or you download curse of hircine get the sounds you want and overwrite it.

Do you think you could explain how to overwrite the voice, i tried and it did not work i wound up having my character saying nothing i had to back up the files

Please reply

Ah found it

you might have to use this program

http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3311

to unpack the voice files you need because oblivion looks in the bsa folders first than data so do the following

Create a file named "ArchiveInvalidation.txt" in your Oblivion folder (-NOT- the Data folder) --there may already be one there.

inside this file list any file you want to overwrite

sounds/oblivion/voices/imperialshout

(i dont know if this is right take a good look on the directory)

then put the sound where you want it.

INFO THANKS TO DAVID BUDRECK