Thief NPCs

staticnoise

If you mean that you are making a home with the GECK and placing NPCs in it who snatch up anything that they can when you visit the place in game...

If you don't want the items free for the taking by the player or the NPCs then try making them all owned by a faction that neither of them belongs to. Create a new "HandsOff" faction and make it the owner. It doesn't even need any members. I had to do that with food to keep NPCs from taking it.

If you mean that you are making a home with the GECK and placing NPCs in it who snatch up anything that they can when you visit the place in game...

If you don't want the items free for the taking by the player or the NPCs then try making them all owned by a faction that neither of them belongs to. Create a new "HandsOff" faction and make it the owner. It doesn't even need any members. I had to do that with food to keep NPCs from taking it.

Nope. It is some one elses mod i am useing....they have npcs like a cook and stuff wandering tha house...and on occasion they snatch up food items (as far as i could tell so far thats what they take) as like part of thier routine...and i would like to know how i can turn it off being i would like ta decorate with food items. I mean people go though the trouble to make new food items in mods and give them an appearence and make them function correctly when dropped (unlike some) and we have homes in this game and decorating is part of it...nice to see your trophies when ya pass though home....now whats the purpose of a big nice mod house if ya cant drop anything in it? so ya...anyway lol...

I had the exact same issue with some NPC's from the RR Companions Vault mod that I parked in my bar. They ate EVERYTHING on the shelves, tables and counters, lol. Basically, I had to steal food & drink items that I wanted to decorate with so they wouldn't eat and drink me out of house and home, lol. I cleaned out The Brass Lantern and the diner in Tenpenny Tower. They won't consume something that is stolen.

I had the exact same issue with some NPC's from the RR Companions Vault mod that I parked in my bar. They ate EVERYTHING on the shelves, tables and counters, lol. Basically, I had to steal food & drink items that I wanted to decorate with so they wouldn't eat and drink me out of house and home, lol. I cleaned out The Brass Lantern and the diner in Tenpenny Tower. They won't consume something that is stolen.

ah ha..handy info indeed...they wont steal stolen nice nice that should work i think for most things hehe thanks for the idea :D