Funny Oblivion Incidents

Stampede

Guest Tessera

I guess I must be cruel, because one of the funniest moments (for me) in Oblivion is the following:

WARNING: this could be a spoiler of sorts...

If you've done the Arcane University quests, then you'll know this one.

Archmage Traven sends you to Nenyond Twill (I think), to find out what happened to some informant. He also tells you to hurry, as some Imperial battlemages have already arrived at the scene and they might kill the informant accidentally.

The funniest moment for me is when you meet one of those Imperial battlemages, just inside the entrance to the dungeon. After exchanging greetings, he says something like "OKAY..!!! Follow me..!!" and then charges into the next room like a crazed little Nimrod.

Three steps into the room, an enormous Ayleid trap springs up and squashes the dope against the ceiling. It happens so fast that I always get a huge laugh from it.

Okay, so maybe I just love slapstick comedy too much... but I think that scene is hilarious. :D

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so maybe I just love slapstick comedy too much... but I think that scene is hilarious. :D

Love it. It was a planned scene too. If you manage to save him from that in some way, anything that damages him will instantly kill him. I believe he doesn't even have any A.I. packages to accompany you any further than the trap. ;)

i remember whilst playing the KOTN expansion i was sleeping in my little bedroll in anvil. So i put out the bed role so i could sleep till morning. I wake up and go to pick up the bedroll, and the damn prophet is sleeping in it. I didn't know if i should wake him up or run away.

In Oblivion with companion (mod) Valeria. We get separated fighting some Daedra. After beating a couple of them off I go looking for Valeria. There she is unconscious, lying face down about 2 meters off shore in a shallow lava lake. I wait, she regains consciousness, she stands up, the lava knocks her out and she promptly slumps face down into the lava again. I watched for 5 minutes. Started off laughing but slowly began to feel sorry for her.

Another time I saw a leg and arm under the rubble left behind from a storm atronach. Wondered where Valeria went. As I turned to look, she regains consciousness and stands up from under the rubble. Funniest thing was the simultaneous groan and sound of all the rocks rolling off of her as she stood up. Then she says "Good to see you again"

Funny how your emotions can be tweaked by color, sounds and some rag doll physics.

Well, it was pretty funny when I saw it... but now I think about it, it aint that fun anymore ;(

I was raiding some cave, as I most of the time do, because I love it, and I was done with this one cave... When I got out the cave, I mostly see my horse standing there, but not this time... I was like: wtf? where did it go... I turn around, and see some elf STEALING my shadowmere! I take out my bow, and start shooting it, but... it's a damn fast horse so I wasn't really hitting it... Ever since, no sign of my shadowmere :(

Well it probably around somewhere, possible the elf left it somewhere and its walking or standing somewhere. That's happened to me sometimes. I leave a horse alone and take another one, hours lately I come back to the same spot (Of course I don't realize I went to the same spot) and see them thing.

And there this white horse I saw in the middle of the field, then late ron he was near a town, he's stalking me! (Keep in mind I was riding a different horse)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tessera

This isn't really a legitimate "funniest moment," because I had to doctor a screenshot to make it a bit more amusing. My character was sitting in the Arcane University and J'skarr was staring at her for quite some time, with a big stupid smile on his face. Naturally, my warped mind took over and I produced this pic:

http://www.tessmage.com/images/mercilessly_teasing_the_cat_censored.jpg

I guess Mystic Elves don't swing that way... :P

Three steps into the room, an enormous Ayleid trap springs up and squashes the dope against the ceiling. It happens so fast that I always get a huge laugh from it.

This could also be a spoiler, mmk?

This reminds me of a Fighters Guild quest when you have to go to an Ayeleid ruin to find Blackheart (the ruin that he's not in). And the fighters guild guy tells you to follow him out. Well he also steps onto a trap that slams him into the ceiling. Fortunitly he only goes uncauntious, but I had to wait for him to walk far enough to the edge of the trap, that his body sliped off after being slammed another time.

Here's another (if I posted in this already):

I was walking around the Imperial City Waterfront (damned meeting time, and I forgot about the Wait command!), and walked up to First Mate Malvulis. I already talked to here, but she wanted to talk to me. You know how you activate someone to talk to them? And you know the activate animation? Well, Malvulis activated me. It looked like she tried to grab my guy's schwang dang doodle. It would activate me, that's for sure... did I actually type that last sentence?

Here's one that happened today! Warning: Spoiler!

I was taking Martin to Weynon Priory. After I killed all the assassins, he was looking at the Redguard woman (I believe she's a Redguard) with a big, perverted smile on his face. I guess Falanu Hlaalu isn't the only one, eh?

OMG....ROFLMAO!!! HOTNORD.COM.....Bwhahahahahhahaha!! I think I have hurt myself laughing so hard at all of these posts, but the XXX Oblivion site REALLY hurt me!!

lol

it was funny

Nice with the 'advertisments' on the sides too!