Modded challenge advances other challenges

larryrathbun

Hello again all,

I have put together a farily simple weapons challenge mod that rewards the player for killing stuff with every type of weapon out there.

The basic structure is like this:

Throwing Spear Challenge

Throwing Knife Challenge

Throwing Hatchet Challenge

Completing each of these awards a ThrowingChallegeToken.

Collecting all three ThrowingChallengeTokens completes the Thrown Weapons Challenge, which awards a SubWeaponToken, removes the ThrownChallengeTokens, and gives a perk that increases damage with Thrown weapons. There are 7 other challenges (melee, energy, heavy, etc...) of similar design.

Collecting all 8 SubWeaponTokens completes the Main Challange, which removes the SubWeaponTokens, the individual weapon perks, adds a perk that increase damage with ALL weapons, and unlocks some additional challenges.

Everything has been going good until I test the challenges. After completing each individual challenge and sub challenge everything works fine.

When completing the last individual challenge (which at the exact same moment completes the last sub weapon challenge and the main challenge) this is what happens:

About 8 or 9 unrelated challenges suddenly complete. I find a note from the divide, I discover the Antenna thing from OWB, a bunch of just random stuff.

I suspect it is something to do with the scripts running all at once, because they seem to happen out of order. I get the notification from the main challenge, then the sub-challenge, then the individual challenge.

Can any suggest a way to track this down and repair it?

The individual challenges are kill with a weapon from a form list. The sub-challenges and main challenge are collect a certain number of items (tokens). The sub-challenges and main challenge strip away the extra tokens when they complete and the main challenge removes perks, adds a new one, and unlock challenges on completion.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I can provide the mod file if someone thinks that will help or I can upload script blocks.

Edited by larryrathbun