Modding Nifs Issue

rad666a

I am trying to combine several elements from different armors into a single piece using the "Copy/Paste Branch" function in Nifscope. However, while things look good in Nifscope:

http://members.cox.net/rush.2112/NifscopeView.jpg

The Changes don't show up in game (and there is a piece that disappears: the Chaos Star necklace):

http://members.cox.net/rush.2112/InGameView.jpg

A freely admit I've probably done something wrong (I've learned how to do things in Nifscope by trial and error). If you can help, please tell me what I did wrong and how to fix it.

If you need to look at the files, or test things, try the link below (though I do not promise it will work right...;))

Because Megaupload will only allow premium members to download more than 1024kb, I had to split the file into four parts:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Part 1

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Part 2

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Part 3

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD Part 4

Thanks for any help you can give in advance!

Errm, i know this sounds really really stupid but 2 people i know had pasted branches and forgot to save and replace the previous nif after XD i said did you remeber to click on the save as button and they were like OMG XD. Just a thought :)

Errm, i know this sounds really really stupid but 2 people i know had pasted branches and forgot to save and replace the previous nif after XD i said did you remeber to click on the save as button and they were like OMG XD. Just a thought :)

No, I did Save it. I will admit to not doing it in the past, just not this time ;)

Errm well there is a couple of problems...

when i look into the textures folder there are only 2 texture the chain texture and chain_n texture whereas in Nifskope it says that the chaos stars texture path is textures/armor/chaoswitch/chaospend.dds which is the wrong file path but i'm not 100% sure what going on there

also the main problem could be is i tried to check the normal map and it said the data was corrupted.

maybe you should recheck this stuff, sorry if any of it's wrong i just work with what i'm seeing :D

Really hope i helped mate

Good luck,

L33Nexus

Errm well there is a couple of problems...

when i look into the textures folder there are only 2 texture the chain texture and chain_n texture whereas in Nifskope it says that the chaos stars texture path is textures/armor/chaoswitch/chaospend.dds which is the wrong file path but i'm not 100% sure what going on there

also the main problem could be is i tried to check the normal map and it said the data was corrupted.

maybe you should recheck this stuff, sorry if any of it's wrong i just work with what i'm seeing :D

Really hope i helped mate

Good luck,

L33Nexus

I just checked and the uploaded rar is corrupted (it should be 3mb and it's only about 900kb). I'm going to have to find an alternate way to put this thing up.

If you want you can PM me your email so I can send it to you.