Retexturing the Big Book of Science

Currently working on a mod that adds some new skill books to the game. What I want to do is make eight or ten new book textures, using the the Big Book of Science's model as a base. I've got Photoshop, but once I'ver taken care of the new textures, how exactly do I go about implementing them? I don't want to replace or get rid of The Big Book of Science, just add a few new retextures of a pre-existing model.

U will need nifskope. You will go into nifskope and add the texture paths from within nifskope then save your nif under a new name. You can also retrieve the UV map from nifskope for the retexture. Look in the Stickies section in fallout 3 modification general for some techniques of going through retexturing.

It is simpler to create a new textureset for the book. Nifscope is not needed for retexturing in Fallout 3. It is different than Oblivion that way

Edit the Big Book of Science, change its ID and save it as a new object, then reference the new book object to the new textureset.

This will save you the necessity of including another copy of the existing book NIF in the data folder of your game. All you need is the new texture.