GRR GRR GRR GRR GRR

Ranokoa

I also was one of those people who would copy things to a notepad document on their desktop, except that I ended up filling 80%-90% of the space with old scripts, posts, and other notes, so that didn't help much. At the moment I have a folder shortcut on my desktop specifically for documents (due to how windows 7 scales things on your desktop, it has much less room than I had before (as well as a recycle bin icon I can't get rid of)), but still havn't gone back to move everything to that folder. Although it frees up more room for other stuff, the downside is that I occasionally forget about some of the documents that I need to update for one reason or another, so this isn't a good solution either.

Like LHammonds suggested, I usually don't copy to notepad, just to the invisible "clipboard" (at least I think that's what it's called for Windows). If the post action fails for whatever reason, I can just paste it back in and try again. Although, as Thor mentioned, it won't work for polls.

I only use Notepad if it's an exceptionally large post that I put a lot of time into. That way, even if I experience a major Windows problem, I'd have a backup. Like Pronam, I use Notepad all the time when making scripts. I never put anything on my desktop though, so I don't experience the clutter you mention. I'm OCD about my desktop, and don't get how people can stand having icons all over the place. LOL. My mom uses her desktop for everything and it drives me crazy to look at it. I only have the recycle bin on mine, and I hate when programs add stuff to my desktop without asking. Yeah, I know it's easy to delete shortcuts, and it's also easy to wipe crumbs off the bed sheets, but that doesn't make it okay for your friends to eat cookies in your bed! Hehe.