ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

New to Race Modding

Aetherderius

Last night I came up with an idea for races based off the Sinners in the classical Inferno by Dante. Half Spriggans for suicides, overweight/heavier people for the gluttons, etc. But I've never made a race before that would require different textures and all that.

I've followed the creationkit.wiki tutorial, and cloned a BretonRace, and changed all the stats I wanted to change.

Could someone give me pointers or give me a hand with texturing/direct me to someone who can? Please. I'm a vegetable when I start a new type of modding. I don't even have houses down pat yet.

In that case, I would suggest starting with the basics first, and then move up to the harder things. Building a house (4 walls and a roof) is a lot easier than rigging a body mesh to a skeleton. Turning a simple "4 walls and a roof" house into a "home" is filled with tedium and attention to detail, which will translate to setting up a custom NPC.

Assuming you've already gotten a Glutton body, texturing is actually the easiest part, as you can find free textures for various other 3D programs, such as Poser or Daz Studio. Take these textures into an image editor like Gimp and, using a Clone Brush, paint onto the UV map of your custom character (since the mapping is drastically different, you can't just slap one on).