CTD on Quicksaves or Entering new areas

TheMarxman47

I seem to Crash to Desktop when I try to quicksave or enter a new area (Creating an auto save). I believe it has something to do with saving, but the thing is, it happens randomly. It's not every time, it'll just randomly decide I can't do something. I'll try to quicksave in an area, and it crashes. I walk 10 feet, and it's fine. I try to enter breezehome, it crashes repeatedly. I leave Whiterun, enter, and then I can enter Breezehome just fine. It's very frustrating, and it's really interfering with my gameplay. I don't believe it's save bloating, either, as I haven't really done anything. I don't play murderously, so there aren't a bunch of bodies or strewn objects, and I've only completed one main story mission and did the Markarth quest (The big one with the prison.) Help would be much appreciated, as this has almost made me give up on this playthrough.

My load order is this:

GameMode=Skyrim
Skyrim.esm=1
Update.esm=1
Dawnguard.esm=1
HearthFires.esm=1
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm=1
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp=1
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp=1
CompanionArissa.esp=1
SkyUI.esp=1
Chesko_Frostfall.esp=1
AOS.esp=1
DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp=1
FantasySoundtrackProject.esp=1
FantasySoundtrackProjectCombatMusic.esp=1
EnhancedLightsandFX.esp=1
ELFX - Exteriors.esp=1
ELFX - Dawnguard.esp=1
ELFXEnhancer.esp=1
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins.esp=1
Populated Forts Towers Places.esp=1
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp=1
Populated Skyrim Civil War.esp=1
Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells.esp=1
IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp=1
RaceMenu.esp=1
RaceMenuPlugin.esp=0
iHUD.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp=1
ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.esp=1
IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp=1
Cloaks.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp=1
Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Requiem.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp=1
Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp=1
Inconsequential NPCs.esp=1
dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp=1
dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp=1
Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp=1
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp=1
3DNPC.esp=1
RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp=1
RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp=1
RND Requiem Food Patch.esp=1
Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp=1
AOS2_Requiem1.7.3 Patch.esp=1
AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp=1
Equipping Overhaul.esp=1
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp=1

Replace your load order with a complete BOSS log. Copy/paste the entire BOSS log here (the one with the bash tag suggestions, error notations, dirty edits, etc.), including the SKSE information, and a list of plugins BOSS does not recognize if one is generated, and enclose them in a set of spoiler tags so they won't clutter the screen.

These plugins are recognised by BOSS and have been sorted according to its masterlist. Please read any attached messages and act on any that require action.

• Skyrim.esm Active
  • Update.esm Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev}}
    • Contains dirty edits: 92 ITM, 3 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• Dawnguard.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 619 ITM, 82 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• HearthFires.esm Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 184 ITM, 11 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• ClimatesOfTamriel.esm Active
  • Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}
    • Note: If you using version 2.0 of the unofficial patches but you see this message you need to download this file: userlist.txt. After the download you need to copy this file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder or add the contents of this file to an already existing userlist.txt. Just ignore this message after updating any preexisting userlist.txt or copying the file to your 'BOSS\Skyrim\' folder.

• Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp Active
    • Bash Tag suggestion(s): {{BASH: Delev, Relev, Stats}}

• Unofficial Hearthfire Patch.esp Active
  • Chesko_Frostfall.esp Active
  • AOS.esp Active

• FantasySoundtrackProject.esp Active
  • FantasySoundtrackProjectCombatMusic.esp Active
  • Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins.esp Active
  • Populated Forts Towers Places.esp Active
  • Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp Active
  • Populated Skyrim Civil War.esp Active
  • Populated Skyrim Prisons Cells.esp Active
  • DYNAVISION Dynamic Depth of Field.esp Active
    • Note: Make sure you have not switched DoF off in your ini file. If you don't see any effect, open you Skyrimprefs.ini and look for 'bDoDepthOfField'. Make sure it is set to 1.

• IMAGINATOR - Visual Control for Skyrim.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 26 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• RaceMenu.esp Active
  • RaceMenuPlugin.esp
    • Note: RaceMenuPlugin is optional and provides support to alter Height, Breast, Glute and Biceps. If you experience issues with it, disable RaceMenuPlugin.esp and inform the author.

• SkyUI.esp Active
  • iHUD.esp Active
  • IMAGINATOR - MCMenu.esp Active
  • Cloaks.esp Active
    • Contains dirty edits: 2 ITM, 0 UDR records. Needs TES5Edit cleaning. A cleaning guide is available here.

• Hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp Active
    • Error: SPIKE.esm is not present or is not active. Skyrim will CTD when loading if using this file without it.

• Immersive Weapons.esp Active

• Requiem.esp Active
    • Note: Requiem makes a LOT of changes. You may want to consider creating and using a Userlist based on your particular mod loadout.

• Requiem - Immersive Weapons.esp Active
  • Requiem - Immersive Armors.esp Active
  • Inconsequential NPCs.esp Active
  • dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp Active
  • dD-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp Active
  • Populated Cities Towns Villages.esp Active
  • EnhancedLightsandFX.esp Active
  • ELFX - Exteriors.esp Active
  • ELFX - Dawnguard.esp Active
  • ClimatesOfTamriel-Interiors-Warm.esp Active
    • Incompatible with: Realistic Lighting Overhaul

• ClimatesOfTamriel-Nights-Level-4.esp Active
  • ELFXEnhancer.esp Active
  • Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp Active
  • 3DNPC.esp Active
  • RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp Active
    • Requires: RND_HearthFires-Patch.esp
    • Requires: RND_USKP-Patch.esp

• RND_Dawnguard-Patch.esp Active
  • Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp Active
  • RND Requiem Food Patch.esp Active
  • ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • The following plugins were not found in the masterlist, and must be positioned manually, using your favourite mod manager or by using BOSS's user rules functionality. You can submit unrecognised plugins for addition to the masterlist directly from this log by clicking on a plugin and supplying a link and/or description of its contents in the panel that is displayed.
  • CompanionArissa.esp Active
  • Hothtrooper44_Armor_Ecksstra.esp Active
  • AOS2_Requiem1.7.3 Patch.esp Active
  • AOS2_CoT3_1_patch.esp Active

It doesn't really have anything to do with the Immersive Armors, for some reason BOSS's masterlist hasn't updated and doesn't realize that IA doesn't need Spike anymore. Any ideas?

No, don't disable the IA plugin. It's needed to load the additional IA BSA.

1) You are using outdated versions of the unofficial patches. You need to update them to the latest versions (then run BOSS to get them into the correct load order positions). While you are at it, make sure all of your mods are updated to the latest versions. Also, make sure you are using BOSS 2.3, not 2.2.

2) Download TES5Edit from the link in your BOSS log, follow the instructions on the same page, and clean the plugins flagged by BOSS as containing 'dirty edits', including the DLC and update esm's. You will need to remove identical to master entries as well as undelete/disable deleted references.

3) You need to generate a Bashed Patch using Wrye Bash to handle the conflicting leveled lists from various mods in your load order.

4) Do you use the MCM menu exclusively to adjust the Imaginator settings, or have you in the past summoned the Imaginator NPC? What is the size of your save game?

Edited by ripple

My save game is 8,000 kb. Yes, I use MCM exclusively for Imaginator, the NPC is kind of annoying to use in comparison. Also, I don't really think I need a Bashed patch, since I downloaded official patches that integrate all the mods I have with Requiem (Immersive Armor + Weapons). At least, everything shows up in the world and has appropriate stats. I have since removed Equipping Overhaul, but before I did I simply disabled the Geared Up portion, and I noticed that the frequency of these crashes went down a LOT. Removing the mod altogether has improved as well, but they're still happening.