Question About Cells Reseting.

SaijaRii

I don't remember where I read it, but it said that when you beat the game (As in finish the final mission in the main storyline) you lose your CM partners forever if they were in your house due to all the cells resetting. Well, thats fine, I am on the second to last mission, I have them standing outside my house... but does this apply to items too? Do I need to take everything out of the house and have one of them store it? Or are they (the items) safe since they are in a "secure" container?

Anyways, simple question, thanks for your help. :thanks:

Gonna go ahead and reply to my own message...

I tried waiting for two weeks, as well as console commands, and as far as I can tell, items don't reset. I'd say unless someone has had a different experience, then go ahead and delete this thread.

Now I just gotta hope I didn't bug my game.

I don't remember where I read it, but it said that when you beat the game (As in finish the final mission in the main storyline) you lose your CM partners forever if they were in your house due to all the cells resetting. Well, thats fine, I am on the second to last mission, I have them standing outside my house... but does this apply to items too? Do I need to take everything out of the house and have one of them store it? Or are they (the items) safe since they are in a "secure" container?

Anyways, simple question, thanks for your help. :thanks:

There's two kinds of resetting.

The first one is based on the number of days in game, and is controlled by a variable that can be modified. This one will only affect cells and objects which are not owned by the player, or are otherwise set to respawn.

The second one is based on internal game memory, and isn't changeable. This one will reset cells which you havn't visited in a very long time (not in terms of game days, but order of cells visited) back to their vanilla states. This happens because as the game loads new cells to be explored (dungeons and exteriors), it stores a record of what is in that cell within the save. If it finds that cells havn't been visited after a certain limit is reached, it will start unloading old cells so that new ones can be stored. In vanilla oblivion, this issue was rarely ever noticed because there were only so many cells that the player would ever visit before ever bothering to check back on those cells where they had stolen/placed objects. With SI, this issue was noticed more because people would complete the entire expansion, explore every area, and never stop to go back to any of their Tamriel houses.

As long as you return to important cells between going on long expeditions, you shouldn't notice any problems. Technically speaking, your companions are far less likely to disappear from a player house than they are from any exterior cell simply because you're more likely to return to that house.