Burst into battledress style mod?

5ky

Hi guys!

I'm kinda new here though I've been modding my skyrim for the past few months. Anyway, so the premise of this is say your character starts off in say your travel gear, but you suddenly find yourself in battle and must quickly change outfit. Sure hotkeying all your gear could work for a reasonably seamless transition, but I always thought it would look really cool if there was a shout or spell that made you 'burst' into your battle gear.

I was thinking of combining the visual effects of say, the first whirlwind sprint animation with maybe the restoration effect around your character plus one of those magical effects where you glow and sparks fly off you. Basically the inspiration for this is if you've seen Fate/Stay Night (the show), where Saber first transitions to her armour, she looks like a jet that's just broken the sound barrier and bursts into it. The only difficult part about this I could see is that you'd have to somehow specify to the mod in question what gear you'd like to transition to and from.

Could anyone tell me if this is possible? I just think it'd increase immersion for characters that travel and fight in different clothes. I would do it myself, because I think I want to learn how to mod, but I just wouldn't have a clue where to start.

Any ideas?

Off the top of my head without scripting you could tie the magic effect to a necklace or ring.

When you change to heavy/light/cloth and your in combat you could have the magic effect apply to your character, the effect shader plays and thats it. Actually with my idea though the effect would play anytime you entered combat, if you changed armor type though it would replay.

Considering you've never modded before, I suggest go with something easier.