A way to find out what DDS files an object uses in the GECK?

marieruth

I am trying to find what DDS file for the Nuka Cola's liquid appearance. I found the bottle texture no problem, but I can't seem to find the liquid. I understand there are different kind of liquids for each kind of Nuka Cola, and I'm not sure if there is a way to find them or if someone could be kind enough to tell me themselves...

I used BSAopt to unpack Meshes, Textures, and Textures 2 to my documents so I got passed that part already. Any assistance would be appreciated.

I had thought going into model data would tell me the direct path to the DDS files it uses but it only shows this:

http://i.imgur.com/zz2pxzY.png?1

You can't find out in the GECK, you have to find the name of the model used by going to your objects information and look for Model File Name, you'll need to extract the NIF with that file name in the Fallout - Meshes.bsa and open it with Nifskope.

It'll be under NiNode > BSLightingShaderProperty where you see the texture paths.

You can't find out in the GECK, you have to find the name of the model used by going to your objects information and look for Model File Name, you'll need to extract the NIF with that file name in the Fallout - Meshes.bsa and open it with Nifskope.

It'll be under NiNode > BSLightingShaderProperty where you see the texture paths.

I'm still not all too familiar with Nifskope, and I didn't find exactly "NiNode" in the block view. I only saw BSShaderPPLightingProperty... There usually two of them when I have a mesh open and I'm never really sure which one I should edit...

http://s27.postimg.org/d804fwedu/Untitled.jpg

Sorry about the time to get back to you, notifications aren't working for me.

In the image I'm looking at one of the soda bottles. To change the texture you need to go to BSShaderTextureSet and in the properties panel select the little arrow and see where the textures are pointing.

Sorry about the initial mistake.

http://s27.postimg.org/d804fwedu/Untitled.jpg

Sorry about the time to get back to you, notifications aren't working for me.

In the image I'm looking at one of the soda bottles. To change the texture you need to go to BSShaderTextureSet and in the properties panel select the little arrow and see where the textures are pointing.

Sorry about the initial mistake.

The picture doesn't seem to display... Would you happen to have a link to it or anything?

By the way, I tried adding the path to my textures folder in the settings of Nifskope since it couldn't detect my game folder automatically, and I read that when you do that it'll display textures on whatever mesh is currently open, but I still can't see the textures myself, is there a hot key or something that can toggle on off the textures on a mesh when you first open it without changing the textures?

Extracting the textures from the Fallout - Textures.bsa to a workspace and add that folder to the texture paths should work.

Okay thanks so much. If I open the GECK using NVSE and edit something in it, would that mean my mod would require using NVSE even though I am using no scripts or anything? Sorry to pester you with questions