Who is the real God in Oblivion?

SaijaRii

Lets see, we worship glorified demons posing as Gods (You arn't a God Sheogorath), tons of dead mortals (That long dead Septim, the Night Mother, the Necromancer dude), are the Divines even anything more then spirits? Who REALLY created Tamriel?

Seems to me like the Oblivion lore is kind of like Warhammer... everyone has lost sight of who the real God is.

I am god of Oblivion!!! And so are you if you mod lol. Maybe Oblivion is realy a dream of one of the daedric princes, realy a child that is pissed at its siblings? I'm sure the architect from the matrix isn't involved. Got any other imaginary beings for them to worship? Maybe somebody will create a Zoroastrian god system, but I think that unlikely.

As much as I love the crazy male without a father, Sheogorath is far from godlike. More like a larval state that has yet to evolve. Hmmm. Maybe when the Daedric princes fully evolve, they will create their own dimensional realities and sit back and watch the fun. Then they could have their own little featous gods running around causing havoc untill they too create their own reality. Wait a second now. What if that's how we got here? Spooky. I like ghost stories.

Lets see, we worship glorified demons posing as Gods (You arn't a God Sheogorath), tons of dead mortals (That long dead Septim, the Night Mother, the Necromancer dude), are the Divines even anything more then spirits? Who REALLY created Tamriel?

Seems to me like the Oblivion lore is kind of like Warhammer... everyone has lost sight of who the real God is.

There isn't one, atleast not in the sense that you are probably using.

The explanation on the Imperial Library might clear it up, or it might just confuse you further.

http://www.imperial-library.info/book_daedra/

But, one thing is clear, there isn't any sort of basis for a monotheistic religion, or any argument as to a single, all-powerful, omniscient god, creator of all. Not even Magnus is attributed that much. Essentially, before the aedra, daedra, and names we know, there is only nothingness, the mortal world came forth from nothingness. Although people attribute the name Sithis to that nothingness, Sithis is not the beginning, but rather a force that works toward stasis, and the end of being, which was created along with everything else.

Shoulda put "Gods" in there to, just seemed to me from what I learned/observed/assumed in game, that the those seen as Gods weren't really Gods.

Thanks for the info.

Shoulda put "Gods" in there to, just seemed to me from what I learned/observed/assumed in game, that the those seen as Gods weren't really Gods.

That's a matter of opinion. Just because you never see anything too spectacular firsthand in the game doesn't they aren't capable.

They're still the single most powerful beings within that universe, so are kinda entitled to call themselves whatever they want.

I recalled reading about how the land of Tamriel (or Mundus) came to be somewhere. About how those Gods gave up part of their divine essences to create Mundus. Can't really recall which God made everyone agree to do that though. But I do know he was later cast down or something. (His heart was in the Red Mountains, which is what Morrowind was about). The Daedra Princes were, if I recalled correctly, the divines that did not give up their essences to create Tamriel.

edit: Oh yeah, it was Lorkhan

This should help: Gods

There are a great deal of gods, and, as Vagrant0 said,

there is no basis for a monotheistic religion.

Anu and Padomay are as close as you get to being the original gods, and

they fell outside of time as they battled each other, so they don't do anything

useful or interesting, and that happened before Mundus was created.