Change a door/entrance destiny

mathguareschi

Hey everyone.

Hope this the right place to ask and that the title is clear enough - my english is not that good sometimes :tongue:

Anyway. I've downloaded this A Dark Lair mod, which has a really great and easy to manage home. It's small, the way i like it. The downside is it's location.

I'd like to change it to some other place, where you can easily fast travel to. Maybe add a door on the Waterfront House basement (added by Better Cities, I guess) that leads to this same location, or change an useless house or cave some other place. Still thinking about where to.

The thing is that I'm completely green at this. I know a little bit about installing mods, but not about making them!

Straight to the point:

- Could I, being the newbie I am, do this by myself?

- If so, can it be done with TES Construction Set?

- And last thing is, is it possible to create an .esp file to "backup" this modification?

I don't intend to launch it as a mod, is really for my own personal use and I DO intend to communicate the author about it. But I'd like to be sure if this is easy enough for me to handle before anything else.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by mathguareschi

yes, you kan do it with CS. It's easy to do.

The easyest way for fast travel is to put a map marker in front.

If you want to port the whole House use te Cut/Paste Funktion of CS on Houseexterior and the doormarker. Cut it from tthe place it is and paste it to the place you wat it to. Drop with "f" to the ground. At last you have to relink the doormarker. Open the doormarker for edit, go to linked dor. now open the interior in render window and cklick an connect. Now you get a red cross. Mark the dor and it will become white. click and the connection is done again

If I wanna do this, do I have to load all my mods when I open the C

Nope. The only mod you need to load is the one you want to make changes to. In fact, that's the only one you should load.

As for using the CS, here's a useful site. There are pages for lots of different things, including how to link doors between cells.

But the best place to go for instruction is TES Alliance. They have the only modding school that I know of, as well as plenty of tutorials. The environment is also extremely friendly and encouraging, especially to new modders. I learned a whole lot of things there.

Nope. The only mod you need to load is the one you want to make changes to. In fact, that's the only one you should load.

As for using the CS, here's a useful site. There are pages for lots of different things, including how to link doors between cells.

But the best place to go for instruction is TES Alliance. They have the only modding school that I know of, as well as plenty of tutorials. The environment is also extremely friendly and encouraging, especially to new modders. I learned a whole lot of things there.

Wow, thanks a bunch! I've been reading the begginer's guide at the CS Wiki and is helping a lot with the basics. As soon as I can find myself, I'll jump to that link about doors. And later to TES Alliance, which seems to be for more seasoned modders.

I'll mess around a little and come back here if I need some more advice I can't find on the previous links or to say I've did it!