Jyggalag‬‏ where are you?

glowbow11

I haven't played oblivion myself but i heard (lore addict, LORE FTW) that when you destroy Jyggalag on the day of his transformation you separate him and sheogorath, creating two separate princes.

Now, on skyrim i'm pretty sure you have an encounter with all the daedric princes, even maphala (she didn't say her name) but the one prince we didn't encounter is jyg, why is that? I mean, you make a huge change to lore in one game and the following you don't get to see a result at all?, I know skyrim is the following era of oblivion but still.

Is there something i'm not aware of? is there a reason?

Nothing officially said about it but there is a few theories I can conjure up:

1) He has not had enough time to rebuild.

2) His sphere of influence is order. There is little order in tamriel at the moment, which weakens his influence.

3) The other daedric princes doesn't really fancy him, so they could potentionally make life busy for him.

4) Sheogorath got the Shivering Isles. It sure would take some time to find your own daedric realm. Busy building his own little corner of the cosmos maybe?

5) There is nothing in Skyrim that interest him. There is also no worshipper from him, seeing as the average Joe probably don't know about him. Hence there wouldn't be any shrines to tell of.

6) He doesn't see too fond of humans. The Daedric princes enjoy toying with humans from time to time, but Jyggalag.. he just want to be left alone.

Lore wise Jyg got punished by the daedric princes so maybe he is trying to hide from them so nothing bad happens again, and the shivering isles does belong to sheogorath but before jyg was turned into him he had his own realm of oblivion.

Lore wise Jyg got punished by the daedric princes so maybe he is trying to hide from them so nothing bad happens again, and the shivering isles does belong to sheogorath but before jyg was turned into him he had his own realm of oblivion.

he wasn't punished, he was cursed. and i don't think you can really "hide" from the daedric princes, especially when you are jyg, he knows some of the future (thats what i understood), if someone will want to harm him he could see it coming, but that leaves the question how did they curse him in the first place? he has taken in to detail everything that happened and he knows what is going to happen, he probably couldn't do much about it.