I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO

brendonnn

i am playing oblivion without knights of the nine and shivering isles. i have installed several mods for races, classes, quests, guilds, armor, and weapons--none of which have worked. the only mod that i have installed that seems to work is natural environments (the water appears clearer and my meters are different).

i am using vista. i saw that i might try to disable uac, but that did not change anything. i also reinstalled and changed the file location from program files, but that didn't help either.

i drag .esp and files (sound, texture, mesh, menu) into the C:\Oblivion\Data file. when i open the data files, i see the mods and i check them.

even if i start a new game, i cannot access mod races or classes. i can't find the weapons or armor and quests don't appear.

i am playing oblivion without knights of the nine and shivering isles. i have installed several mods for races, classes, quests, guilds, armor, and weapons--none of which have worked. the only mod that i have installed that seems to work is natural environments (the water appears clearer and my meters are different).

i am using vista. i saw that i might try to disable uac, but that did not change anything. i also reinstalled and changed the file location from program files, but that didn't help either.

i drag .esp and files (sound, texture, mesh, menu) into the C:\Oblivion\Data file. when i open the data files, i see the mods and i check them.

even if i start a new game, i cannot access mod races or classes. i can't find the weapons or armor and quests don't appear.

Have you installed latest Oblivion patch?

Where is the link to the atest oblivion patch.

I have vista too and I sre everyone is sick to death of my griping on here :P

i am playing oblivion without knights of the nine and shivering isles.

This could very well be your problem. Many of the mods available require knights, SI, or both to be installed in order to work.

On tesnexus where you may have downloaded the mod you should see in the detailed description for the mods you are using a list of requirements for the mod to work properly. Many mods require that other mods not only be installed first but to be placed in a specific location of your load order.

i am playing oblivion without knights of the nine and shivering isles.

This could very well be your problem. Many of the mods available require knights, SI, or both to be installed in order to work.

On tesnexus where you may have downloaded the mod you should see in the detailed description for the mods you are using a list of requirements for the mod to work properly. Many mods require that other mods not only be installed first but to be placed in a specific location of your load order.

really simple mods that don't have any requirements aren't even working!

yes, i have installed the latest patch!

Ok... Do you have Oblivion Script Extender and Oblivion Mod Manager? (OBSE and OBMM, respectively)

If not, download those, read the readmes, and install both. A lot of mods need one or both of those programs to run. Some mods might need Shivering Isles and/or Knights of the Nine as well. The Game Of The Year Edition (GOTY) of Oblivion is only $20, and it comes with SI and KotN too. If none of these suggestions work for you, try taking a screenshot of all the mods you're using and show us. But more than likely, if you've installed everything right, OBSE and OBMM will probably solve this for you.

I have a set of help files for people who are not computer geeks and are new to mods. They include downloading, extracting (unzipping) installing and activating mods. I have included a simple mod to practice on and instructions for installing and using 7-zip. If you are interested, click on the highlighted link below to be taken to the site where they are kept. I recommend starting with #1 and working your way through them.

http://s1.zetaboards.com/TheStormRavenLibrary/forum/256092/

If you use them I would appreciate some feedback as to what needs improvement and what works for you.

If you have the GOTY version, you must install the Shivering isles part for the oblivion patch - for some reason, Bethesda put the latest patch for the Oblivion part in the Shivering Isles install part - ONLY on the GOTY version.

Otherwise, go to the Beth site for the latest patch - if you do not have Shivering Isles DO NOT install the Shivering Isles patch - ONLY the Oblivion patch - scroll down to find it. Then be sure you have the patch for your language version - there are different patches for the UK and US language versions.

Patches available here: http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_patches.htm