Mods not working.

Valkree

If you don't even see the mod in the game then you will need to get a patch for oblivion. Get the latest patch and then try it out.

+Kudos Lego :thanks:

I had totally forgotten about this.

I went to the bethesda website and downloaded the patch.

-English version

-Latest patch v1.2.0416

However, when I started to actually patch up at exactly 8% I receive an error message stating,

' Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was found. No update done since file contents do not match. '

Am I missing something?

Do you have Goty version? Game of the year is prepatched, so you don't need patch

If you have the Shivering Isles expansion, I would reccomend getting the oblivion 1.2.0416 patch. You can then upgrade to the Unofficial SI patch. If you don't just go straight for the Unofficial Official Patch 3.2.

Now, I am assuming you have vista as you said you turned off the UAC. I don't have vista, but I wonder if the files are in the correct place. I would try to re-install the mod with the uac off. Just over-write any files. You don't have to delete them for this simple re-install. If that doesn't work, try getting back to us.

-edit-

Official Oblivion Patch v.1.2.0416

Unofficial Official Oblivion Patch 3.2

If you have any of the expansions, you should look up "unofficial official" on the nexus. It will direct you to the pages for the SI expansion, as well as the Knights of the Nine and everything else that came on that disk. Also is an expansion called Battlehorn Castle that I'm pretty sure you can only get via download from the company site. All these have patches too, but for now the only ones you really need to worry about are the shivering isles (optional. also optional is the UOP for SI) and the UOP (unofficial official patch) 3.2

-edit-

Did you by chance update to the patch provided in the Knights of the Nine? If so, a clean install of Oblivion is needed. You should install Oblivion, then Shivering Isles, then the 1.2.0416 patch. If not, just install Oblivion, then the UOP 3.2

If you have the Shivering Isles expansion, I would reccomend getting the oblivion 1.2.0416 patch. You can then upgrade to the Unofficial SI patch. If you don't just go straight for the Unofficial Official Patch 3.2.

Actually, DON'T get the Oblivion Patch if you have Shivering Isles. Shivering ups the base install of the game to like 1.16 something. (Whatever it was its not the newest) so you only need the Shivering Isles 1.20416 patch. The Oblivion patch won't install if you have SI as you already have some of the files needed in the patch in the SI install. That might be why your install got shot down.

Jenrai

If you have any of the expansions, you should look up "unofficial official" on the nexus. It will direct you to the pages for the SI expansion, as well as the Knights of the Nine and everything else that came on that disk. Also is an expansion called Battlehorn Castle that I'm pretty sure you can only get via download from the company site. All these have patches too, but for now the only ones you really need to worry about are the shivering isles (optional. also optional is the UOP for SI) and the UOP (unofficial official patch) 3.2

I don't have any expansions whatsoever. Just plain Oblivion. In other words, the problem persists :wallbash:

I would actually suggest you look at the information provided by bben46. He's better at this sort of thing than I am. If you have already done a fresh re-install of oblivion and all the mods you wish to use without the UAC, I'm lost. You should be fine with just the UOP 3.2 mentioned above. It only patches Oblivion, not any of the expansions. I'm not sure why you jumped straight to OMOD converting. Maybe try the manual method. Copy and paste the files into your oblivion/data folder. If none of that helps (try bben46's advice first! Look up his Ben's Oblivion Support) then try to install oblivion somewhere other than the c:/program files folder which is default. The UAC tries its damndedest to protect files in that folder. Instead try installing simply to c:/bethesda/oblivion (leave out the program files directory).

I bought the computer I'm on right now about 14 months ago. It came with vista home premium. I hated the performance, the features didn't seem to be worth the drain on my comp so I downgraded to XP. My oblivion runs way faster, with fewer crashes. My computer smokes with XP, lagged with vista. I hate vista with a passion. Well worth the $100 purchase for XP. It is about time for me to get a decent desktop so I can give this poor little laptop a break, and I will most certainly get XP on that as well.

I would actually suggest you look at the information provided by bben46. He's better at this sort of thing than I am. If you have already done a fresh re-install of oblivion and all the mods you wish to use without the UAC, I'm lost. You should be fine with just the UOP 3.2 mentioned above. It only patches Oblivion, not any of the expansions. I'm not sure why you jumped straight to OMOD converting. Maybe try the manual method. Copy and paste the files into your oblivion/data folder. If none of that helps (try bben46's advice first! Look up his Ben's Oblivion Support) then try to install oblivion somewhere other than the c:/program files folder which is default. The UAC tries its damndedest to protect files in that folder. Instead try installing simply to c:/bethesda/oblivion (leave out the program files directory).

The mods are not my problem atm. My problem is installing the latest patch, go to page 1 if you didnt read. If you are talking about installing the latest patch... its making no sense.

Well, I have this same problem when I try to patch mine, but it was because I had a no-dvd crack (and yes I did originally buy the game) so I would switch back the original oblivion.exe and patch it and then switch back but that didn't help me either. I'm having the same problem as you. What part does it say it is on when it does that? Such as "textures" or "oblivion.exe" or something along those lines.

Well, I have this same problem when I try to patch mine, but it was because I had a no-dvd crack (and yes I did originally buy the game) so I would switch back the original oblivion.exe and patch it and then switch back but that didn't help me either. I'm having the same problem as you. What part does it say it is on when it does that? Such as "textures" or "oblivion.exe" or something along those lines.

It is processing oblivion.exe when it pops up with this patch error.