Area Transition CTD on DAOUE

LenaMarie

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I have this really weird problem. It seems after Lothering is destroyed (finishing one of the treaty quests) I get this issue where trying to Area transition CTD's the game. If i load up a save before i entered the current area it works for a bit, only to start doing it again. The weird thing is if I remove everyone from the party, no CTD, but even after adding them back in having moved to another area, the CTD's start again and end removing everyone from the party.

Any ideas? Im using the Origin version of DAOUE and so long as i dont try to Area transition everything works fine otherwise.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar problem. This happened to me on a few occasions in Origins and awakening, but I could always remedy it by removing my party members using the party select screen similar to the situation posted by LenaMaurie, but I did not have the issue of having CTD's when I put them back

I am currently playing Witch Hunt DLC which does not have the convenience of the console commands to remove party members so now I am stuck with a CTD upon transitioning to the basement area

I have disabled all mods except for morrigan restoration and UI mods

I figured it out, uninstall Dragon age extended from your mod manager and remove all traces of it in your addins and override folder, itll have jx on the folders

too bad a good mod causes these CTD's, need to find a stable replacement for it

Edited by lgp888