Mod Challenge: Make Prison "Fun"

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I've always found jail-time in Skyrim to be a bit of a joke. Murder the entire town? Don't worry, you can sleep it off. However, the alternative of serving out the sentence given the options you normally have in jail is also a less than ideal option. It would be great if there was a bit more of an immersive element (IE, serve your time rather than just sleeping it away) but also perhaps providing activities or a quest structure to make the stay more interesting. I thought it would be an interesting challenge to see what people here could come up with to make this part of the game a bit more fleshed out.

A very intriguing idea you put forth here, I was looking for something new to do so I'll see how I can produce a similar environment.

Extending the variation on how you spend the time in jail is not highly seen in the mod scene, at least I have not seen such a mod or feature included in a mod.

• 2 weeks later...

I would like an interesting punishing prison. Something like the markarth prison mission, but not a mission, just the game screws with you for a while until you escape. Something that would be both interesting, sorta fun for a bit, but get old fast, and make you not want to go to prison. XD