Merged cycles for Fellout

H1ms3lf

Hi modders :smile:

IMHO Fellout would do a better job by not affecting EVERY SINGLE day and night of the game.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/2672/?tab=3&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Ffallout3%2Fajax%2Fmodimages%2F%3Fid%3D2672%26user%3D1&pUp=1

The link above shows how Fellout changes the sky and the greenish/yellowish tone of the scenario.

Its one of the best mods, problem is that it completely erases the day/night cycle from vanilla game, and after a while that becomes boring too.

What I propose is that someone (with modding skills) make a modification for Fellout, so that it doesnt make every single day & night to be as intended by the mod, leaving them to be the vanilla version (in other words, throwing some randomization to the table).

Also, we know many many people have a problem with Fellout pitch black nights (me included), so those nights could come scarcely, like say 20% of the time, and only when the day sky has no sun and is looking greenish/yellowish, so we can prepare ahead of time if the worst case scenario comes during nightime.

If at all possible, the best implementation for this module would be to include customizable options, where one could select the rate of appearence for blue sky days or green/yellow tinted days, and as well an option for the pitch black nights, the rate of appearance and how deep the pitch black goes in it.

Anyway, I think these changes for Fellout would be most welcome and breathe a whole new life to this great mod, unfortunately I don't have the time and skills to make it happen.

Hope some modder likes this :smile:

Edited by H1ms3lf

Eh, okay, so after looking into mods some more I guess the idea of this one wasn't cohesive.
Let me try Again...

Can anyone attempt a UNIFIED WEATHER PROJECT?

Placing all the weather mods together there must be, at least, 20 + possible settings for each day, going from the extreme arid deserts with yellow or red tint (mods like road warrior or wasteland overhaul), to the heavy fog and dark setting of mods like obscurum.

And thats not counting weather effects from fellout, project reality and so forth...
Also the nights in the game could use a bit of differentiation too, with some being brighter than others (based on the day sky perhaps).

Since the weather mods are already done, wouldn't a unified weather project imply mostly the work of organizing the textures to not overlap, and coding a script that controls how they cycle?

IMO that would be so cool, placing together all the atsmophere and randomization that each weather mod has to offer, so day/night cycles in the game will be more amazing than ever =]

If someone feels like doing it, let me know if I can be of any help!

And many thanks for all the hard work u guys put into modding!! Cheers! ^_ ^