Slavery Overhaul

Dynastia

I hate the way enslaving NPC's is handled in the vanilla game (wasteland scavs have access to experimental mind-control gamma beams and a GPS-network of exploding collars?) so I thought I'd outline my ideas for a better system. If anybody has any additional ideas or better ideas than mine, please say so.

The Mesmetron should be removed from the game, and replaced with a club that deals very low damage, but each hit has a chance of putting somebody into a mezzed state of confusion (no frenzy/headpop) or more preferably knock them unconcious (as may be seen in Arwen_Realism Tweaks mod), at which point they can be stripped of equipment and fitted up with a collar.

The Exploding Collars should be taken out of the game as much as is humanly possible. The random slaves begging to get the collars off, the guy who runs from Paradise Falls and gets his head exploded, and the collars on Clover, Crimson, and all other slaves could be removed. One or two could stay on the slaves who need to mention them during quest dialogue (the child slaves from Lamplight, for instance), but it should be taken to mean that they were fitted with very simple radio-activated exploding collars as a punishment for repeated escape attempts, and that the collars can only be detonated in and around Paradise Falls.

The rest of the slave collars could be replaced with some sort of plain metal collar with chains and manacles similar to those worn by old-timey slaves and chaingangers (people who can do apparal models and textures would be needed), and when a person is enslaved out in the wasteland, instead of running off to Paradise they should follow the player around and follow basic orders like "Follow me" or "Stay Here" or "Turn out your pockets" (similar to slaves in The_Collector mod) until they are taken to the front gates of Paradise where they can be sold to Grouse through dialogue. Another upside to the regular metal collars would be that they would be non-quest, and you'd be able to carry as many as you wish to buy from Pronto or Grouse or whoever (they should be cheap, but heavy to the tune of 5 pounds or so).

Slavery via Speech Checks could be greatly expanded to include the PC passing speech checks to talk certain characters into voluntarily entering slavery to escape worse conditions (ie. the water beggars, Dukov's party girls after Dukov has been killed) or by using lies and trickery to get them to the front gates (some of the more naive wastelanders like Brailee Ewers, Sierra Petrovita and Sticky would be perfect victims for this)

Slavery via Drugging could be added for characters with a propensity for excessive drug use ; Pauly Cantelli, Leo Stahl, Snowflake... one could simply add in dialogue options inviting them to get high with you, and at the cost of 4 hits of Med-X you've got yourself a shackled-up slave ready for transport to Paradise Falls.

Supermutant Captives are already tied up and helpless ; simply adding an option to enslave them should be all it takes.

NPC Companions with the exception of Fawkes, Dogmeat and the Mr. Gutsy should be able to be sold into slavery by simply walking them into Paradise and informing Eulogy that they're for sale, similar to Fallout 2. This could include temporary companions like Sydney, Sticky and Cherry.

Do any experienced modders know whether any of these ideas are outside the realm of possibility?