Concerning Dwarves...

ForrestEbonwolf

Okay I downloaded the Dwarf Race 2.0.1 mod and I'm trying to move my dwarf character over to my personal mod... how can I go about moving my dwarf that I made with the Dwarf Race mod over to my companion character mod? or is there some possible way of making a dwarf in my mod? the reason I'm asking is because all of the Partnerscripts I am using are in my personal mod and it would be a lot easier if there were some way to put the dwarf in my own mod, but my mod doesnt have the capabilities to make a dwarf and I am just really confused.... Is there some way of making the dwarf race selectable on my own mod? I'm new at modding and there isn't a copy choice or anyway to export certain things can someone help?

Specifically which dwarf race did you get? I looked on the nexus and couldn't find a dwarf race version 2.0.1. Please be more specific. I do beleive you need to add the race itself to the CS by creating new. You would then have to import all the animations and sounds, etc. I think it might be easier to merge the mods, use:

TES4Gecko

Once merged, you can use all the data from the dwarf races mod you're using. You will also have to clean both with TES4edit before merging.

all the tutorials I know of for these programs are on my tutorials site:

Tutorials Abound!

Please post the specific mod you have so I can check it out and maybe be more helpful. You can always try to contact the author for advice. I know there are patches and whatnot for using custom races, you may need something like that as well. If you end up figuring it out and feel like writing a tutorial, please post it on my site. If you get it down through advice from others (more likely than mine) then please let me know how you did it so I can write one (if you don't).

Hope this has helped,

theuseless

I would suggest checking out a tutorial called "Beginner's Guide" on my collection:

Tutorials Abound!

You will more than likely be able to skip the first part and go straight to "anatomy of a quest." It will guide you through many processes, including fundamentals of NPC creation, dialogue, quests, and scripting. There is another good one called "working drawbridges" which will help with some of the AI package stuff and teach you how to use a number of other features. The both of them helped me to get a lot further with my knowledge.

How did you import the race?

I didn't import the race, I just went ahead and made my own dwarf race. And I checked all of the tutorials, but they aren't really succeeding in answering my question, they are detailed in every way necessary for someone who wants to learn how to mod but thats not my problem, I already have the race made, all the scripting and ai is done, It just will not allow me to add a greeting to my dwarf's dialogue list... and I can't find an explination to that problem anywhere. I've seen posts on other websites with posts of people having the same problem as myself but there is no explination, and I'm using thet Cutthroat Companion mod, and the fact that I can't give the dwarf a greeting makes it completely impossible to recruit him because without a greeting I am incapable of speaking to him... ugh.... This is so aggrivating...

Ok... I've come to the conclusion that the reason it isn't working is because its not picking up my race... for some reason as long as I don't pick the d warf race I can create characters with dialog but as soon as I try to make a dwarf it will not allow him to have dialogue... I'm irrefutably confused.

that is strange indeed. I assume you have tried to give him a greeting via the quest tab. Maybe if you make your own faction, add faction rank to him, then add dialogue. If the dialogue shows for all "dwarf 2.0.1" factions, it should appear for your character. Just remember that if you make a faction, naming it unique will help work around potential conflicts.

If that doesn't work, I would try maybe going more detailed into quest scripting. I'm fairly sure that if you use faction as the limiting variable, the dialogue will get added. Just only add the faction status to the dwarf race.

Let me know if you are still having trouble afterwards and I will try to help if I can.

Ok, I finally gave him a greeting, what I had to do was create a faction called dwarves and then copy and paste all of the greetings and stuff that I wanted him to be able to say, into that faction... Now I have another problem, he doesn't talk (sound) I gave him the orc voice (seemed right for the deepness) but I can't hear him, not a big deal but I would prefer it.