Why is it allways Bikini mail

WBGrock

Hahaha! Nice picture.

Anyway it all started even before Conan,in books of Anne McCaffrey mans were dressed light. VEEEERY light. After that Conan came together with Red Sonya, which is a queen of all skimpy dressed woman warriors :)

Like Vargant0 said in '70 and '80 there was a high demand for chars like this.

Many artists were working on very skimpy dressed people. Boris Valeyo, Alfonso Azpiri, Luis Royo, and many others. Always fantasy, science fiction or horror with high dose of sexual contest.

All I know is that I don't need to see any pixeled backsides in my game or worse. I do use the nude version of the available body mods, but only for immersion. Everyone is free to make/upload and share what he/she makes and no one is forced to see/download.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/BMP137.jpg

Well documented and mocked

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmorIsUseless

Excuse me?

I followed your link so I could find out what you're talking about, (I really have no idea as there is no claim that armor is useless in the picture, my response), but alas all that came up was this:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c117/SeaBlossom/Image1-32.jpg

I trained for the US Air Force in a pair of boots and a light cotton pair of pants and cotton shirt. I don't need armor to kill you, and ask any dead soldier, it's no guarantee you'll live. Armor can help, but it can also impede.

By the way, that quote in my image came straight out of Morrowind, before it was imported into Oblivion.

(myrmaad @ Jan 13 2010, 03:29 PM) *
(Vagrant0 @ Jan 13 2010, 02:48 PM) *
(myrmaad @ Jan 13 2010, 11:57 AM) *

Reduced: 56% of original size [ 1024 x 640 ] - Click to view full image

Well documented and mocked

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ArmorIsUseless

Excuse me?

I followed your link so I could find out what you're talking about, (I really have no idea as there is no claim that armor is useless in the picture, my response), but alas all that came up was this:

Reduced: 56% of original size [ 1023 x 267 ] - Click to view full image

That message means that the site is down... Not my site... Don't shoot!!!

The quote is eluding to the fact that in both games the importance of armor is significantly downplayed due to how it is all adjusted in relation to skill and most higher NPCs and creatures have more than enough health and damage to make armor a secondary concern.

In The Elder Scrolls games Morrowind and Oblivion a character's protection depends more on his skill with armor class rather than the armor itself, though despite that NPCs are almost always armored appropriately. This includes the existence of "Battlemage" profession, military mages wearing heavy armor, obviously unaware of the Unarmored class which actually gives better protection at the same level than standard issue heavy armor.

* It should be noted though that in Morrowind at least, the Unarmored skill is useless in the long run, with a armor rating of 65 when the skill is at 100, the maximum. The maximum rating for Heavy Armor (skill at level 100, best armor available) easily exceeds 300. The only downside is you need to be really strong to carry that stuff, and you still won't have room for much else.

o Unarmored skill was useful for players who adapted their playing style to it. Bare-handed attacks reduced fatigue, which reduced opponent's effectiveness in both hitting and dealing damage, and Unarmored skill easily made up the difference. Getting a good sneak attack makes full daedric with maxed heavy armor skill useless. Even against groups of heavy armored fighters, the low encumbrance and quickest attack rate made it easy to spread the fatigue damage around, then start focusing on individual fighters for finishing.

o Although in Oblivion, when the skill reached 100 all heavy armor worn didn't provide you with any encumbrance, thus solving the problem.

* Also in Morrowind, NPCs will occasionally reference this trope if the player asks them for advice. You're warned not to judge how tough a fight will be based on the amount or quality of your opponents armor or weapons, as the really powerful characters don't need these things to kill you.

* In Morrowind, the best protection in the game is homemade using enchantments like Sanctuary or Chameleon, and armor isn't necessarily the best carrier of enchantments.

o The second best (besides massive constant effect Chameleon) is constant effect healing enchantments on daedric armor (extremely rare heavy armor (even with a full set of it already, it will take a couple of hundred thousand gold to make)), with boots of blinding speed (which make you move fast enough to dodge arrows and spells) equiped (and the blind nullified) you move faster then anything else, heal extremely fast AND take a low amount of damage, resulting in making it impossible for many enemies to even damage you consistently and even if they could it would be very hard for them to kill you (as you can backpedal for a few seconds if you are wounded and fully heal again)

* Another thing is that, a least in Oblivion, Normal Armour is useless against magic, as are basic sheild spells.

Edited by myrmaad

lol.

I trained for the US Air Force in a pair of boots and a light cotton pair of pants and cotton shirt. I don't need armor to kill you, and ask any dead soldier, it's no guarantee you'll live. Armor can help, but it can also impede.

I completely agree. I did some sword training as a youth (with the SCA). We beat the dog-urine out of each other with rattan sticks. I'm tall and light, the armours I used mainly covered my shoulders, elbows and a little piece as a mantle. I relied on my agility and speed rather than actual sword skill. Believe it or not this was effective for me. While I'm male, so wouldn't wear the chainmail bikini, it could theoretically help a bit, especially if it protects the money makers (referring to sex sells).

That said, there were pleanty of people far more skilled than I who would wear the full plate. Both serve their own unique skill set. The knights wearing full plate (females too) had to rely on their impressive skills, defending their weak spots. There were a few that wore almost no armour and had impressive skills. They rarely had problems unless they faced a group of the knights.

I like the availablilty of the light armours, they are very useful when making a mod. I don't play a female character so I don't use them on my pc. It does get annoying having to pick through the mountains of skimpy armors for a more covering version, as well as the lack of male supported clothes/armors. Now I'm not saying that I want a male lingreie set, just that some of the cooler looking armors have no male version made. When I request such a version from the author I usually get no response.

Well, the Books about Conan the barbarian were written before the 70's and if i'm not wronk there are lots of hot babes in skimpy armors in those stories.

True about Howard's Conan tales. However, the chainmail stuff only got going after Boris Vallejo began doing the artwork for some of the 1980s fantasy fiction. That started a trend, and pretty soon, everybody was following it. Boringly.