ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Quick Fix! Quest Question

Aurawhisperer

Alright, So I was finally able to complete my first quest making and must say has been one of the toughest ones I've made for a 10, 20, 30, 40 setup.

There's a few problems that I have though. The quest giver from the beginning was suppose to be a follower after finishing the quest, but when I tried setting the ID on the dialogue of the quest to Getrelationshiprank < 4, nothing happened. How am I able to make the NPC into a follower after the quest is finish? Like how the companions for example. Aela The Huntress doesn't become a follower until you finish the side story of the companions. Is there a script?

Another question is the approach dialogue, like how that black brair dude at Riften forcegreets you. There's suppose to be another optional follower in this quest, whether you want them to be by your side or be their enemy; however, the forcegreet dialogue didn't work. They just become hostile.

So those are my only two fixes. Any suggestions?

Well I know little about questing, but I know a bit here and there.

As far as the second problem goes, I know that when you create dialogue through a quest there are three different kinds of dialogue you can set for an NPC. One of those should be Force Greet. Did you set it to that? I'm unsure of what you've done so far.

^ Yea I did that. The problem is that she had aggro. Should i take the aggro off, and put in the AI package the forcegreet situation up to a further radius than 150? Because 150 is like face to face. I want it distant, like 8-10 feet, so she won't go hostile and allow the player the option to either convince her to drop her blade and stand by your side (She's a cowardly bandit.) or just slew her where she stands.

Sorry was asleep. No, I want her to talk before attacking, so that the player will make the option to either let her live or die. Either one of these options is just minor decision making. Again, she's a cowardly bandit in a brutal band of bandits that plays the act of "I'm the guard of this area, so you can't pass. Refusal on my request and me and my band will kill you" in a cowardly way. Like she's literally afraid of me and everything she does. Just to add some feel and character.

The boss bandit holds the amulet in the quest that the player seeks for the other NPC that requests your aid. That bandit doesn't retreat or anything. You'll have to kill it.