Custom NPC Voices

DragonRose11

I am currently working on a mod, and having issues with the NPC audio/voices playing.

I currently have a quest response with a 'Voice Filename' of 'DR11Nonakk01_DR11NonakkTopic01_00000CEA_1'

The path listed below that is, 'Data\Sound\Voice\DragonRose11v0.01.esp\Argonian\M\DR11Nonakk01_DR11NonakkTopic01_00000CEA_1.mp3'

In that folder I placed an mp3 file for this response named precisely that. I have attempted both MP3 and WAV formats. I currently do not have a .lip file for these, will that create the issue I'm having?

The objective is to, at this point, lengthen the time the text is on the screen to a readable time without requiring the user to have OBSE (http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=16622)

I'm wondering if there is something I'm missing to activate these beyond just inserting the audio file.

Thank you in advance for your time in helping to resolve the issue!

Is this an actual voice recording, or just a silent .mp3?

If you just want to add silent MP3s without needing OBSE you can use TES4Gecko to do that.

There's a button that automatically generates .lip and silent mp3 files for every new line in the plugin.

You can go in a delete the silent lip synch if you want [i find it a little creepy myself] and that will lower

the file size a bit.

Here's a link to that: TES4Gecko

I attempted both with actual voice acting and silence; and any attempt to use the create lip file failed to actually create a file. I have just used TES4Gecko with success. This worked both with and without the .lip files in folder, I wonder if the previous attempts were malformed audio files? It's something I suppose I'll have to work on at a later point, since voice acting will be implemented in the mod.

Thank you for your help, and you're right. With the silent .mp3 files, the lip synch is a bit creepy.