Google

Retribution

As you probably know, Google suggests things in a drop down box that other people have searched if you type in something on their site. I saw this picture and tried what it shows out. It works. If you don't believe me, go try it. I have nothing against Islam, but I do have something against this. I'm not saying this is Google's doing but it looks like it. People are a bit too concerned with being politically correct if you ask me.

http://i46.tinypic.com/2dmgxfa.png

Same with the China stuff. They decided too leave china /google.cn as people tried to hack gmail-accounts, related to the gov. Google claimed to never have filtered stuff there, but suddenly it's possible to find stuff of the student-demonstrations and other stuff since they're gonna leave. Google says a lot of stuff...

The list is based around the number of search actions performed. Technically speaking, it just means that some psycho made it a point to search for those first few keywords a few dozen times a day to offset the occasional valid search.

For example, if everyone searches for the same exact terms once a day, for a week, chances are that there will eventually be a list for that phrase, as well as a link to this thread (and probably a few dozen links to various forums/sites where I and other people using this name have posted).

*edit2* removed the terms. Realized that it looked rather self-important to have people searching for that. "The Nexus Forum is the best site ever" is a better idea, until I can come up with something else that isn't so problematic.

Edited by Vagrant0

"Vagrant0 is usually right"

He he eh, surprisingly came up with one result and it was a twitter Hmmm, googles is catchen on :biggrin: :biggrin:

It's not the result that matters, but what the auto-complete form shows. Having a result just makes the process work faster since it isn't handled as an empty query.

Another one to use would be "The Nexus Forum is the best site ever".

I do that for easy searching to, gives better results i say.

Well, what I'm essentially doing is exploiting a process related with how the Google engine works. If those terms link to an actual destination or entry, the search is treated as being valid and is stored within google's servers. If enough people search for the exact same terms, those terms will appear in a list of auto-complete objects.

The point I'm making is that anyone with access to alot of IPs (anyone who is within driving distance of a public library, college, or school) and actually cares to take the time can make the list of automatic search terms say whatever they want. The only difference is that instead of one person performing the same search several times, there are multiple people doing the search.

Tried it out on Google Denmark. It´s there too.

Tried with some words refering to peoples

sexual orietation. Very bad too.

You can even try with names, contries.

It´s bigger than just a 12 year old kid having fun. (sorry @rbrophy2, @ancient aeon and others, no offend)